That Walking Dead strategy game will be .99 tonight

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    ...but I forgot the name :(. So guys...how is it? Worth pickin up?

2. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden

The Walking Dead: Assault

Thanks to you, Walking Dead Assault was a 5 star, No1 Strategy game, Featured and Top 5 Paid App across the globe in 201…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Thanks to you, Walking Dead Assault was a 5 star, No1 Strategy game, Featured and Top 5 Paid App across the globe in 2012!

Featured in What's Hot, New and Noteworthy and What We're Playing"!

PLAY THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE RECORD-BREAKING COMIC SERIES based on Robert Kirkman’s Eisner Award-winning comic series, now a hit TV show from AMC...

- UNIVERSAL "HD" OPTIMIZED BUILD: BUY IT ONCE FOR ALL YOUR DEVICES!

- PLAY AS MICHONNE, RICK, SHANE AND OTHER FAVORITES!

CRITICS SAY...
    Featured in PocketGamer's "Top 10 best iPhone and iPad games of November 2012".

'The Walking Dead: Assault' is a refreshing, complex zombie game"
    - Sophie Prell, The Penny Arcade Report

“Assault is a meaty chunk of squad-based survival horror that faithfully follows Rick and the crew through several arcs of Robert Kirkman’s award winning comic book series…Most unexpected and greatly appreciated.”
    - Mike Fahey, Kotaku

“So far, we're loving every second of our time with The Walking Dead: Assault. If you're into the Walking Dead universe or squad-based strategy games, you can pick this one up with confidence.”
    – Chris Reed, Slidetoplay.com

APP STORE PLAYERS SAY...
    “This just came out of nowhere and I’m hooked!” –Jbannanyc

“Tremendous. Two dollars is a steal for this game.” –M4C G4M3R

“The game does an excellent job of capturing the tone and feel of the comic book The Walking Dead and packaging those tense combats moments into a squad-based real time tactical game. A must buy for The Walking Dead fans.” –Bool Zero

“I love the show and this game does not disappoint.” –im-unarmed

AVAILABLE NOW! EPISODE 1: “DAYS GONE BYE”
    Beginning the moment Rick awakes in hospital in issue #1, events of the game take you from those first isolated moments, through Atlanta, and ultimately to the horrific camp invasion that costs the survivors valuable allies and friends.

Play as your favourite characters from the series – Rick, Glenn, Shane, Carl, Andrea, Lori and more! Assemble and choose your ultimate team of four, hunt for supplies, upgrade, and use unique special character abilities to survive against the zombie horror!

EXCLUSIVE BONUS WALKING DEAD CONTENT!
    Complete Bonus Objectives and Challenges to unlock special content including artwork and wallpapers for your device, behind-the-scenes trivia, Game Center Achievements and much more!

FEATURES
    •Authentic locations from the award-winning comic series, visualized within a 3D comic book style!

•Play as your favourite characters from the comics with intuitive controls built for iOS!

•Trigger distractions such as flares and car alarms to divert attention away from you and your party – but be careful how much noise you make!

•Unlock and upgrade your characters' attributes to tilt the odds in your favor!

•Beat your friends times via Game Center Leaderboards and Challenge them using iOS6 Game Center Challenges!

Buy now or Gift this app to a friend!

--------------------------------------------------

For more information or support visit
    http://www.thewalkingdeadassault.com

Check out the Walking Dead comic series at:
    http://www.skybound.com
    http://www.thewalkingdead.com

This game is Produced and Published by Skybound Asia, Skybound LLC, and Developed by Gamagio Limited.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Nov 27, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (33)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

That one? U driving and surfing the AppStore again? :p

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Definitely worth picking up for a buck if you're into strategy type games.

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Had my eye on this one, thanks for the heads up.

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    #5 Drummerboycroy, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    If you like TWD, H3LL YES. If you don't like TWD, an emphatic YES.

DBC

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hope this means another chapters coming soon.

7. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yup...it's what I often do in my spare time, because MY LIFE IS SO EXCITING!

8. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Are future chapters supposed to be included or separate IAP? If its all part of the one time purchase then I may be down for this. The TA plays made this look fun.

9. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #9 Outrager, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    It's live. Not sure if I'll get it though. Ah, who am I kidding. I'll probably get it just to keep in my backlog.

10. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    A definite, absolute, must have

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    They will be expansions separately, which is more than fair. You're not getting a cut down game, they will be expanding on the base content.

12. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #12 nightc1, Feb 10, 2013
    So the new chapter will be IAP? I'll just skip the game then. Not worth my time since I don't purchase IAP. No biggie though, got plenty to play.

13. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Your loss.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Word.

15. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #15 Greyskull, Feb 10, 2013
    Yup, just picked it up myself. At least for 99 cents I'm getting a turn based (I think) strategy game, rather than a hit or miss casual game. The worst that can happen is I'll hate the game but enjoy reading the instructions.

I used to keep The instruction manual for Falcon 3.0 next to my toilet. I LOVE instruction manuals. Well, big meaty ones.

16. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yeah, but...people paid full price for what it already has. To each their own, I know...I'm not really a fan of serialised content because the appsize tends to grow whether or not you purchase the iaps. And I feel better buying seperate apps than iaps.

17. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I don't normally weigh in on this kind of stuff (my real life has enough drama;)), but seriously, if they never add anything to this, it is easily one of the best dollars you will ever spend...

You could not buy any future IAPs and still have one of the best experiences I've had on any platform in this game's present form.

You and I have similar feelings on IAP, but I would hate to have you miss this... this game is so satisfying I am actually taking my time to make the experience last a bit longer.

Just puttin' it out there.:eek:;):D

DBC

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    If you ask me, with the amount of choice we have for games these days, missing one is nobody's loss. We can afford to be as picky as we want because a few days later, new games come along.

19. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #19 mrbiggles, Feb 10, 2013
    agree same here... dont want to pay for every chapter of the game. :mad: same as other Walking Dead game got free and not worth it to me paying extra for the chapters.

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Third. (Actually fourth including DBC but third rhymes better.)

This is one of my best iOS experiences. This game alone is worth a dollar. And I have no problem paying for additional content, developers have to feed their families too. I'd rather see that than freemium crap. And even if you don't buy the extra content, a dollar for this stealth game is a steal. But hey, it's not for everyone.