$25 Gift Card Contest - Review my FREE game!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by endodoug, Jul 11, 2014.

1. gianski

gianski Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Awesome app, quite addicting you have there! Btw, I suggest that reduce the ads or users would get bored of it.. Reviewed it as gcbancod

2. No problem mon' every ting be ok. Thanks for the contest.

3. endodoug

endodoug Well-Known Member

Okay - here's the list.

markymarkfunkybunch
    CMCalhoun99
    SmaRtSEED
    EdwardG20
    Williams yee
    sugary nutz
    erniuxazz
    idaft77
    dreadnok
    ZGMFreedom
    Chandler2200
    CrossbowJay
    friedchick3n
    MrCooper5
    fongerz!
    gcbancod

4. endodoug

Results...

Congrats to fongerz!

Your choice...
    1. $40 MMAWarehouse Gift Card
    2. $25 iTunes Gift Card
    3. $25 PayPal

Let me know and send me your contact details with a PM.

I learned a lot during this and all the comments are helpful. I'll take some time to respond to all the comments tomorrow.

5. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Haha that was awesome.. Congrats man

6. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks everyone! Sent a PM.

7. endodoug

markymarkfunkybunch - Awesome comment, I think I know what it means :)

CMCalhoun99 - Thanks for supporting small developers. The indie developers I know put a lot of time and thought into their games, even the simple ones. I appreciate everyone who gives us a chance.

batreky, Luciano1048, F3rnu5, armoko, spoosh, nfong, gianski - You guys all said too many adds, lower the speed, or both. I agree 100% & will be addressing them in an update very soon.

Rafa6571 - everyday everywhere… that’s the way I like it.

williamsyee - For some reason your comment no longer shows up, but I saw it. I agree about the amount of ads and will address it in my update.

dreadnok - I think the music is the best part of the game.

Jarvis42- Thanks for the comments about visuals, I spent a lot of time trying to get the right mix.

Kapamilya2 - Thanks, you covered pretty much everything I was shooting for in the game.

Crossbow Jay - Chilling at the beach, yeah!

kogaa55 - Every coco needs a tiny umbrella, right?

In the future, I’ll do a better job of planning so that I can include a small beta test and get all these resolved before launch.

A word about ads… I followed some advice about maximizing revenue for free games. I’m not saying it’s bad advice, but I agree with the comments… it’s a bit much, especially before the game starts. I’m going to cut out the pre-game ads and just do a post game popup. I will also experiment with eliminating the top banner and see how it looks.

Speed/Difficulty - Right now the high score in Game Center is 61. Gameplay “in-the-wild” has been different than in development. I planned on 100 being a score to shoot for, but also making it attainable for anyone who tried. Unfortunately the gameplay is too hard and rarely last long enough. My plan is to slow the umbrellas down & make the coconut bigger. spoosh - I hear you about adding some missed umbrellas/lives, but it’s too late for that. Instead I’m going to make the gameplay last longer with your 1 chance.

Please send any comments over to the Game Announcement Thread http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=235890. I don't want to steal forum position from some of these active promos.