My indie dev blog including income reports

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Xaron, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    I will do! And please forgive me my lazyness, I don't want to advertise my site it's really just that I don't want to "format" all this stuff nicely into the BB-code stuff here. ;)

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I think that is fine, no need to replicate something you have already done.

I had to look up what nook was lol

3. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Haha well, Nook is totally Niche and only available in US and UK (as far as I know). It's some kind of the same stuff Amazon does with its own reader. But the market itself is very small, not so many apps and the users there are used to pay for apps.

It's a bit tricky to get in for a non US resident but finally all you need is an EIN.

4. Shaun C

Shaun C Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 28, 2014
    Hi Xaron,

Just wanted to let you know that Paint & Conquer crashes on launch on iPad 3 running ios 7.1.2

Runs fine on iphone 4s ios 8.0 though.

In other news, I'm really bad at this game. :)

Re. Chartboost vs Admob. I've been surprised by how decent and consistent Admob's performance has been for me.

On Admob I'm getting an RPM on interstitials that's about 60% of what I'm getting on Chartboost, but that's with regular tweaking of CB campaigns, whereas Admob is more hands off.

Plus, as I'm using Admob as fallback, it's basically filling in for when I can't get a Chartboost impression at my requested rate (which lately has been around 50% of the time). If I were to let CB fill all impressions no matter what CPC or CPI, I expect my CB RPM would fall significantly.

5. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ooops, thanks for the crash report, will check it!

6. Xaron

Xaron Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Numbers for october are there. All in all I made a bit more than €100. :D

7. maggiesgames

maggiesgames Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Hey, just read this thread and found it interesting. Always fun to hear about how other indie developers do in terms of downloads and stats. Your numbers are very similar to mine. I am making about €120-150 / months on App Store, Amazon and Google Play. (Google Play about 2/3 of sales, App Store 1/3, Amazon negligible). It's been pretty steady at those levels during the 6 months since I released my first, and so far only, game.

In terms of downloads I got between 50-100 / day total.

Trying to figure out how to take the next step. Would need to increase those numbers by about 10 to have any shot at making a living at it.