Universal [Soft Launch: NZ,AU,CA] Like a Boss! (by Versus Evil)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wondroushippo, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    old soft launch thread

2. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    Got to play this one at PAX South 2016, have some impressions here. Wound up finding this one in soft launch while hunting down assets, so if you wanna check it out, here you go.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone give it a try yet?

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Out of all the stores I have, it had to be Canada ???

5. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Game Designer
    I gave it a try and man gotta say Im impressed! Cant wait for the final release, I really didnt expect it to be as fun as it actually is... and not only funny but it seems to be a pretty deep game as well, definitely recommend it

6. fernandocolombo

fernandocolombo New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Just created a Canadian apple id to test this game and I have to say, It looks very promising, works really well, no virtual joysticks, fun gameplay, good jokes, I definitely recommend.

7. Ocythoe

Ocythoe Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I've been waiting to try this when it was announced years ago. Is it just me or you can't keep playing after the end of tutorial where you get slapped with "Server Error" loops?

8. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I got to the part where I'm supposed to upgrade the first skill. The upgrade button is gray and I can't click anywhere on the screen, so it's stuck.

Now it won't load, just black screen. Shane it looks fun.

9. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    After playing for 10mins now it's black screen. Omg

10. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Game Designer
    Had the "skills" issue too, noticed it just happens with the Mage boss... idk why exactly... maybe the mage isnt finished? not sure if there is what to do tho (a friend of mine had the issue). About the crashes at the tutorial I only got it on my iPad Mini 1, which has 512mb memory, so im guessing its some kind of memory related bug

11. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015

Didn't encounter any bugs while I was playing and I like the game :). The skill really adds a cool layer of depth. Combat is fun, although it's slightly repetitive. Only thing I wish they're going to fix are the skill buttons, they're really too small on the iPad. And it would be cool if there was some sort of auto-attack, would be better if the boss attacks the closest enemy after his current target dies I think. You have to kill hundreds of enemies, so a little bit of auto attack would make this a bit more streamlined.

12. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    It seems the tutorial bugs out only for the Warlock boss, so pick a different one if you're going to play this

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Serious! I picked Warlock and its bugged :(

14. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Just delete and reinstall it should be fine

15. Ocythoe

Ocythoe Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Even the warrior class is bugged. You will get a crash loop after they give you free boosters.

16. Firehorser

Firehorser Member

Jan 30, 2016
    Game Development
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Hey people,

My name is Allan, I am one of the developers of Like a Boss and I am extremely glad to see you giving it a try!

First of all, I am sorry for those pesky bugs. We are well aware of them and working on a fix as soon as possible! About the bugs:

- That is correct, the Warlock boss will certainly cause your game to be locked on the Skills Interface Tutorial, unfortunately the class was not ready for release in this build =(. On our next release which should be coming soon, the Warlock is fully functional and feels a lot different to the Death Knight boss;

- Another known bug is that the game is crashing on devices with 512mb of RAM memory, such as the iPad 2, iPad Mini 1st Gen and so on. We are reducing the memory footprint of the game drastically to ensure we get rid of this issue;

- The crash loop Ocythoe is getting is also a problem that will be fixed for the next update. It is not 100% chance of happening in the version currently online, but it does happen frequently which is extremely frustrating.

We apologize for those issues and I do hope you will give another try to the game once the next update comes out, it has a ton of changes in all regards, new content, much more stable and so on. Any feedback is also greatly welcome, after all you are, indeed, the boss =P

Best regards,
    Allan

17. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Hey! Great to see a developer coming here to check in! Really means a lot to us here at Toucharcade.
    It sounds like you have a good handle on things, and I look forward to the update that allows me to play.
    Really great game here, a lot of potential! Love the humor and the art style, really makes it all work.

I hope to see some multiplayer component at some point - like maybe you can capture and enslave heroes to send after other players Boss monsters, etc.
    Awesome as it is now tho, if only I could play ;)

Thank for dropping by!

18. Firehorser

Firehorser Member

Jan 30, 2016
    Game Development
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Version 0.6.5 Released!

Hey everyone!

As I mentioned in my previous post, we heard your issues and concerns and we have just released a new version! Below is a list of the biggest changes:

- The Warlock Boss is finally officially released and fully working!
    - The game is extremely more stable, no more getting locked at the skills tutorial for picking the warlock!
    - Rebalanced most of the levels in the game;
    - Added Mount Doom after Chapter 10. How long can your boss survive the heroes onslaught?
    - Added the Mail Box. Don't forget to check your mail!
    - Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash during the Boosters tutorial;
    - Fixed a TON of bugs in all areas;

We are sorry to say that users with older devices such as iPad 2, iPad Mini 1 and any other device with 512mb of memory will still encounter crash issues in the game, but we are already working on a fix for that as well, so just be a little bit more patient with us!

Should you run into any trouble with this new version, feel free to post any feedback here!

Thanks for playing Like a Boss!
    Best regards,
    Allan - Fire Horse Team

19. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi there, just to check if there will be an auto play function in the future? Haha

20. Firehorser

Firehorser Member

Jan 30, 2016
    Game Development
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Hey Kenken11,

Yes, there will be an auto-play feature! Hahahah we understand that farming for a specific item gets old REAL fast... thats what the "RAID" button will do and should be available soon!