iPhone Hedgewars iPad submitted and awaiting approval

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hedgewars, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hedgewars

Hedgewars Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Hedgewars for the iPad has finally been submitted to apple for approval, so you should see it appearing in the appstore very shortly!

Hedgewars is a turn based strategy, artillery, action and comedy game, featuring the antics of pink hedgehogs with attitude as they battle from the depths of hell to the depths of space.

As commander, it's your job to assemble your crack team of hedgehog soldiers and bring the war to your enemy.

Game Features

• Hilarious and devastating turn based combat for up to 6 players
    • local multiplayer, with network multiplayer (both bluetooth and internet) coming in the next update
    • Battle on an infinite number of randomly generated maps, with over 18 environments
    • Utilise 47 (and counting) devastating weapons! Including the piano strike and explosive robotic cake
    • Play the game your way, with 18 different game modifiers, tweak almost every aspect of the match
    • Customize your team, with over 120 costumes, 30 graves, 12 forts, 100s of flags and unique voice packs
    • Huge battles with up to 48 hogs
    • Play both singleplayer and multiplayer minigames

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a trailer from the desktop version of the game:

2. missalexis

missalexis Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    This looks great! Will it be free?

3. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

lol...

...is it just me, or is that one hell of a super-sized iPad??? :eek:

4. ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    That's a great looking worms clone. It looks like you spent a ton of time on it. Does it have a single player campaign, and what is the price?

5. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    As a Worms fan I really love the PC Version of Hedgewars!

You can get the PCVersion for free at: http://www.hedgewars.org/

The iPad Version is a must buy for me! :D

Regards,
    Sascha

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Great video, price?

7. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    I had never heard of hedgewars but I will pick this one up price dependent. So long its cheaper or the same price as Worms HD.

I had worms on the Iphone, and it was alright, but never leapt out at me so never picked it up for the iPad, kinda annoyed me it wasn't universal, The reviews for Worms HD seemed very negative. This seems an excellent alternative. And the video for the desktop version was ace :D

8. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    Never played this game, but judging from the look of the UI and the graphics this could well be the first time a non worms game becomes my favourite "worms" game. I'm really not enjoying the iPad official game...

If the controls in this are spot on, then I'm buying this for sure