F.A.S.T. issue for those who paid for it?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by awp69, Mar 9, 2010.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I recently saw that there was an update for F.A.S.T. and downloaded it. But I had previously purchased it before it became a free in-app purchase game.

Now, I have the free version and have lost a lot of what I had in the original full game. I sent a note to the developer but haven't gotten a response.

Did anyone else purchase this game and then were downgraded to the free version due to an update? I'm kind of pissed about it. They're really stealing what I had already purchased!

:mad:

2. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, I payed for it before it became free.
    I don't really care though, it's still the same game, just with a lot more people to play online with and more planes/missions.
    And many $0.99 games drop down to being free anyway.

I suppose those who bought it for the full $9.99 must be pissed (is that you?).

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I don't have a problem with it going to free. But I do have a problem that some content that we paid for, we would have to pay AGAIN for it. That's basically stealing what we already had. I bought it mostly to play single player because I don't have a lot of access to wi-fi. And it appears that a lot of those missions are now gone (well, not gone, but you'd be paying $1.99 for each additional pack). This is ludicrious.

4. shap08

shap08 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Manchester United FAN!
    Australia-DownUnder
    Yup this happened to me. This is a serious offense. What legal rights do we have?

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    lol, I doubt we have any legal rights.

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You have the right to hold onto a copy of your IPA files.
    You have the right to not update your app.

I didn't realize we lost missions from the paid version of F.A.S.T. - did you have something besides the basic Training Missions? (That you play to unlock new planes?)

You should still have your multiplayer, and have gotten a bonus plane for having purchased the game. If you did not go online with F.A.S.T. before it went free, you may have to contact them so they can give that to you.

I almost bit when all the DLC went on sale for $0.99 each, for more missions, but there was ABSOLUTELY NO DESCRIPTION WHATSOEVER of what I'd be getting for my $$$ so I didn't.