Soft launched games thread?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by bcredonk, Apr 30, 2014.

1. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Hey I'm hoping I'm in the right portion of the site, but I think it would be helpful to have a section heading in the forums for soft launched games, kind of like the one for upcoming, so we can keep track of soft launches more easily. If there's already something I'm missing I'd be glad to know, I like playing soft launches. Just suggesting something I think would be convienent.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I dont think theres tons of soft launched game threads to justify it really. Everyone (or a mod) puts Soft Launch at the start of the thread so people know its not worldwide when they are out.

But i dont see that many soft launches to justify a new section ?

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Soft launch or the countries in caps are usually at the start in the thread title so I've never ever found myself mixed up, I'm using the app though, dunno if it appears differently on the browser.

4. I kinda agree that there could be some way to figure out soft releases that go to global releases. How can we tell?

Can a tag global launch be added to games for a day of global launch?

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If there was a poll soliciting my opinion; I'd select the option to leave soft launch designation as is.

6. How do we tell when soft releases turn global? Shouldn't there be a global tag for a day or two?

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It's not a hard and fast rule, but about half the moderators I've seen change the title to mention [worldwide launch] after a game is let loose.

At the moment it depends on who changes it. Generally speaking, temporary titles are a huge pain in the bahookie so a one-time removal of the soft-launch tags is what you see.

8. Yeah, can see it might be a little more work, but I am sure a [worldwide launch] tag would be awesome for a day or two if possible.

Appreciate the help though!

Be like Echoseven! :)

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    We try.

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #10 undeadcow, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    [Soft Launch - This post is only intended for Canadian and Northern European residents... please disregard if otherwise]

Is there any truth to the rumors that EchoSeven ceased to be a person when he became one with the Touch Arcade mainframe? Touch Arcade, I'm on to you!

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    A soft launch section could be nice. Btw, since a bunch of mods are here I am begging you guys to warn me before banning me. Thanks
    :)

12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    All the human boys laughed at me. It seemed like the next logical step.

Why would we ban you if you've done nothing wrong? Is there something we should look into, maybe?

13. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    There have been many games that have been soft launched and I've forgotten about them because sometimes the soft launch last a really long time and some of them seem to never go global. I personally would love to be a ble to keep better track of them