iPhone iWesnoth HD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthjes, Nov 12, 2012.

1. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

You can scroll around by pushing at the edges of the battlefield view.
    The dev already mentioned in the Wesnoth forums that he's planning a bunch of fixes to improve controls: like better scrolling, and a "next unit" button.

2. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    That's good to hear, Wesnoth is one of the best TBS games out there IMHO, just want it more tailored for the iPad :)

3. Leelew

Leelew New Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Has anyone figured out how to reliably show the hex percentages for where you move characters to?

4. astranberg

astranberg Member

Apr 14, 2012
    #24 astranberg, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    WHAT THE HECK????

Are they offering free codes for the owners of Kyle's Wesnoth?

5. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Where did you get that from ???

6. astranberg

astranberg Member

Apr 14, 2012
    It was a question not a statement.

7. phandaal

phandaal Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Read the whole thread before you freak out.

As has already been explained, Wesnoth is open source. Anyone can make an iOS port. The previous port is not supported any longer and is several patches old, this port is up to date and supports player made Wesnoth maps.

The creator of this new port is in no way affiliated with the old port and does not owe you a free game.

8. xxvi

xxvi Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Kyle Poole?

I thought it was an oringinal product from Kyle poole, so its really and open source product?, just dont want to jump in and then its pulled from store

9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    This was never ever a Poole game! :mad:

Here you can inform yourself about it: http://www.wesnoth.org/

I wrote last year that it will be the same as in old Palm OS times: K. Poole makes a game ... and grabs as much money as he can get ... after that: No updates, no new features ...

10. Struan73

Struan73 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    A little bit of Credit

I think it is not absolutely correct, to describe Mr. Poole as that. Yes, during the Palm days he delivered broken promises (presenting products far to late - even after getting money from the customers - and delivering broken products).
    In the case of Wesnoth, it is not totally true. Neither was the product broken nor does he not delivered updates. I believe that he delivered 5 always with added content. After that, he turns to his new project, a deck building game named Shadow...something and brought nothing new.
    Struan

11. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Kyle posted about 8 months ago in the iPhone board about an update for Wesnoth but I guess he's been caught up in all the Shadow Era stuff. I don't really blame him. As it's been pointed out, the game is open source. If you wanted an update why didn't you develop it yourself? An idea that it seems only this developer decided to expand upon

12. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yep ... with SE he can make more money ... is the same thing as everytime with Mr. Poole ... I have still paid stuff for my Palm which does not run ... and old promises for updates ... :rolleyes:

13. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Update is out.

Could we get the option to remove pixel smoothing? Thanks!

14. styles

styles Member

Nov 24, 2012
    How are the touch controls now? If much improved, I might take the plunge..

15. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Although I bought it on day one, ive only just had the chance to play it and the interface etc seems just as slick (if not slicker) than the original Battle for Wesnoth App.

The screen scrolls by swiping and action menus are double taps...and yes there is a next unit button

Well worth the money. Ive got to fly to North Carolina from the UK in the new year and im looking forward to the flight etc now ive got this!

16. styles

styles Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Thanks, bought it and the UI seems slick enough based on tutorial. Also the dev is posting at official forums frequently, which promises good things in regards to future updates. Feels good to support this :)

17. StepwisePilot

StepwisePilot Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Canada
    Can anyone tell me if this version is worth getting if I already have the other version?

18. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Worth it, iWesnoth has more downloadable content although it lacks some of the polish of the first edition.

19. StepwisePilot

StepwisePilot Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Canada
    Thank you. I guess I'll download it now. :)

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Let us know what you think.