Child of Light ubisoft

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Hambo12, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Do you think it's possible for child of light to be on IOS. Is iphone hardware strong enough for that game?

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Definitely possible, there's nothing's tech heavy about it. There's a lot of 2D assets but due to the animations being skinned is not like there's frames and frames of them.

3. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Impossible

Only for Vita it's ok and iOS is still weak,I have both of them and admit Vita is way better,damn what I am talking about! It's a console and other just a phone.

4. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Not impossible, with Apple's new metal graphics technology the iphone 5s and iPad Air to be more powerful than Vita hands down. If metal can support frostbite 3 it can definitely handle child of light

5. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
  6. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Trust people to turn it into a versus debate over platform, it's a multi platform game using a multi platform engine. And probably one of the most silliest examples to waggle it about over.

7. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    premium games don't do well on our platform because 95% of ios gamers think .99cents is expensive.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed. And the engine already performs like gangbusters on iOS (Rayman Fiesta Run, anyone?). If you can run Monster Hunter Freedom United on an iPhone 5, you can run Child of Light.

That said, the controls would probably need to be tweaked -- especially the "companion" ones, which make decent use of the Vita's second stick. Also, I would see this working better on an iPad than an iPhone -- the graphics already feel small on a Vita screen.

9. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    It was confirmed that the A6/A6X chip was more powerful than the vita. So A7 is 2x more powerful than the vita. That's without even mentioning Metal.

10. Crichton333

Crichton333 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Game developer
    The old Vita vs iPhone question.

11. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Are you kidding me? have you ever played Vita's Raymans? "Rayman Fiesta Run" is lame compare to them.it just a Side-scrolling game but on Vita,those are console games cause Vita is a gaming console.

Even for other games like "Street Fighter x Tekken","FIFA 14","Injustice: Gods Among Us","Need for Speed: Most Wanted" etcccc.

And "Monster Hunter Freedom United" is a PSP game not Vita's,yeah maybe some old PSP games back in 2009 could come to iPhone but NO Vita games.

And we don't have any Vita's game already ported to iOS?!! Specially AAA titles.

iOS already lost it's passion for portable games since 2012 and 95% of iOS gamers are freemium/cards games nowadays.

Do you think iOS is still strong to compare Vita? as other guy said nobody pays $40 for any iOS game but for Vita,it's true cause it's a gaming console.

Peolpe just want to compare hardware systems and don't think on it yeah it's a console and other just a phone.

Look at Wii U,it's a console! isn't it? So why it doesn't get the same games like other home consoles? lack of hardware? marketing? no it's strong and fine.well the main answer is the companies,they are the reason for bringing the games on it or not.

Guys i guess you think,you always get the same games on consoles for you iOS.it's totally wrong.believe me.

And i'm talking about this cause i own both of them and know them.:cool: you know i always purchase iOS games since got my first iPhone 3GS (back in 2009) with any price but i stopped purchasing them since got my Vita,do you know why?
    (even any Vita's game is ####in expensive compare to 1 USD iOS games)

Cause i have the quality games on Vita and there's no quality game on iOS and most iOS games are rubbish.

Let's back to the topic "Child of Light by Ubisoft",did you get any ported Ubisoft's game on iOS so far? :confused:
    Ported games on iOS is very rare,like 1 to 3 games each year.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    1) Yes, I own the Vita port of Rayman Legends. It runs on exactly the same UbiArt engine as Rayman Fiesta Run.

2) Child of Light is not a AAA game. It's a $15 downloadable title. It's a beautiful but fairly shallow game that has not done terribly well financially on any of the platforms it was released.

3) MH:FU was, as you point out, a PSP game. In terms of scope, depth, complexity, etc. it dwarfs CoL. It had also been visually updated, so calling it the iOS version a "PSP game" is inaccurate.

4) I have no clue wether Ubi has any plans to release CoL (or Valiant Hearts, for that matter) on iOS. I would speculate that considering the audience of CoL, an iPad release would make sense. But Ubi's iOS strategy has never made any sense to me. As to previous full Ubisofts ports to iOS, M&M: Clash of Heroes comes to mind.

4) Off the top of my head I can think of two Vita iOS ports: Lego Marvel Heroes and Sine Mora.

5) 1-3 ports a year? Friend, there were 2 ports released last week, and at least one releases this week.

Arguing about the state of iOS gaming is not with my time, particularly with someone who's clearly not keeping up with the scene. All I can say is that 90% of the games I've bought for my Vita have been ports. I have yet to see a AAA Vita original game, and frankly that's probably a good thing. That means that indies like Fez (a port, BTW) and Guacamelee have a chance to shine. At the same time, I'm doing plenty of quality gaming on my iPhone 5 as well.