Need Help Creating Promo Video

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by mehware, Jan 15, 2011.

1. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Hey,

I need some help making a promo video to my game coming out... Its a word /board game named Letter Slide Glow... You slide tiles around, make words, enter words, get points. (its also multiplayer) :D

I really don't have the correct capturing equipment or software to make a nice video showing off the game.

Here is a link to screens of the game,

http://www.mehware.com/screenshots/letter-slide-glow/

Video production is a whole other beast compared to game dev. I need your help.

If anyone is interested please PM me!

- Matt

2. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Can't you just download iShowU and record using that, then edit your movie in iMovie?

3. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    No... I want to make a movie of actually playing it, it would look weird in an on screen capture for this type of game.

- Matt

4. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    PM me

I'm a videographer. Where are you located?

5. Jane55

Jane55 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
  6. Teeps

Teeps New Member

Jan 26, 2011
  7. draper3000

draper3000 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Video Editor and part time app designer...
    Staines, UK,
    I'm a full time video editor/animator and create iphone apps in my spare time.

If your still after a video promo please check out my site

www.stormystudio.com or email me at [email protected]

I'd somewhere charge in the region of £500 for a video in the following style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfLLufhC0Rg

CUSTOM GAME TRAILERS: BY STORYMSTUDIO - Cost: UK £500 (currently US $818 with exchange rate)

To include:
    - A 30 second to 1 minute promo video/Trailer based on your own given brief and ideas.
    - Animated 2D/3d fly through a cool scene, in a style that matches your game
    - Camera moves to different screens which show parts of your game play (you provide screen captures of gameplay)
    - Animated text, with shadows, reflections, (what ever works)
    - Special effects if needed, lightning, lights, tv jitter, explosions, flames, flourishes, motion blur, depth of field...etc
    - Some Music tracks can be provided/created but you may want to buy and provide a track of your own choosing.
    - Video to be made in HD, 1920 x 1080 for full HD playback on YouTube etc.
    - Provide in MPEG4 h.2.64 codec format (perfect for YouTube + small file sizes)
    - Provide master After Effects file and assets for safe keeping.
    - 2 Rounds of amends after the initial draft edit is provided.

Game Trailers/Promo Videos:
    There are so many different ways a promo video could be stylized, but an idea can be taken from the game being promoted.
    E.g. dark grungy metal, happy flowery fun, sleek shiny and fast, paper textured gravity world... etc.

I'd recommend around 30 seconds of animation ending on a call to action. E.g. available on the app store now, or visit http://www.my_awesome_game.com

The video will be created in full HD using Adobe After Effects, if you already have a logo font you want used or any logo elements (vector files ideal) please send them over. With a rough idea of what you want your video style to be.

8. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    ^ do you need something that professional and expensive...? (just wondering)