Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Kyro_Aterasu

Kyro_Aterasu Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    #3081 Kyro_Aterasu, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
    I'm sure some of u already found this out but if u take 2 pan longs u get another pan long right? Well since you do if u want to make insane money and lvl 4 shrines up at one time just grind away the pan longs and use the mone they make to buy more food to grow more panlongs (do the same for love dragons ,x3 shrines, and you will get all shrines lvled up :D) little slow at the start but once u get Rollin its all down hill. I started with blue fire so I have around 16 blue fires and my frost habitats fill to 50k in 20 minutes but my pan long at lvl 15 and with boosts makes more then my rainbows now, also if u want tons of more money and u don't have to worry about habitats fillin up just stick ur dragons in the hibernation cave and started mass breeding rainbows, I'm up to around a 100 million with all islands, buildings, decorations, etc. (got around 70 million in 1 and half weeks !!!!!)

2. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    pondering best method to gold shrines

Swarmski...
    How many days/weeks did it take to breed 50 panlongs? Did you use gems to rush them? I only have my air shrine left to level up to silver and then I am ready to go for gold...unless there is an easter dragon coming soon...
    I was wondering about using combos that have shorter breeding/incubation times...I know it would require more breeding, but maybe less time?
    Any one else have any thoughts?

3. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011

It took a while. Basically I had both caves breedin panlongs, only pausing for when special dragons came out. Biggest hitch is getting the money for food. I have 18ish rainbow/leap dragons which helped me.

I didn't use any gems to speed anything. Panlongs I'd definitely the best way due to leveling 4 elements at the same time

4. Kyro_Aterasu

Mar 12, 2012
    Btw anyone have a baby lvl 20 I wanna c how big it is :p

5. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Right now I started to breed panlongs in both caves. It works out that in 72 hours that it takes for Pans to breed and hatch I should generate enough cash to update them both to lvl 15 without having to cover the lands with rainbow habitats. Its close though.
    I would hate to have to hide most of my dragons.
    When I get the golden shrines I won't bother getting the crowns. I recon they look ugly.

6. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    I'm in the exact same boat!

7. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Not only that, but the required food amount to get to level 20 in no way justifies the cost.

Unless at level 15 and 20 there were further Dragon evolution's *hint hint Backflip ;)

8. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Are you selling off theagons you level to 10 or keeping
    Them?
    Bevause I also leveled all my shrines up to silver (and sold off the lv 10 dragons) THEN i started on the gold shrines .. And after a 10 panlongs I checked my shrine and it said level 10 dragons - 60/50 level 15 10/50
    And I was like what 60? Then I was like oh yeah cause I'm
    Levelling new panlongs up to 15 so that also ticks off the goal for level 10 dragons!
    I wasted so much time getting silver shrines when I could have completely ignored them and gone straight on to levelling the dragons to 15 to cross off the level 10 and level 15 checklists and kill two bird with one stone.

9. Noob382

Noob382 Member

Feb 29, 2012
    You can definitely get the achievement without having all the dragons. I got the achievement with every dragon except rainbow so I think it just means every non rare or event dragon.

On a side note, insurance has decided not to pay for a replacement iPod for the one that was stolen so I will most likely be buying another one this weekend. I will make a post when I find out if the new iPod lets me keep my progress from my old iPods dragonvale.

10. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Thanks for the info on that achievement. And I'm pretty sure you will get your old dragonvale on a new iPod. I've signed into mine on different devices, it's always the same and current since DV is a web based game.... it's why you can't play without an Internet connection.

11. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I have sold most of them, but that was to pay for the food...I just enlarged my hibernation cave, so I have a place to store my little darlings while I level up.
    I actually haven't seen what these guys look like with crowns...anyone want to post? I just love my giant baby quake...

12. Kyro_Aterasu

Mar 12, 2012
    Don't worry u will keep ur old data as long as u sign back in to game center on ur new device

Wen I got my iPad I transferred all my data from my iPod and it let me keep my dragonvale so u should be good

13. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    It's stays big but looks like the baby?

14. Kyro_Aterasu

Mar 12, 2012
    Yes

Crowns aren't all that amazing personally I think the element orb looks cooler and could u post a pic of ur baby quake :p I have a baby blue fire at lvl 15 and it's a beast lol

15. Kyro_Aterasu

Mar 12, 2012
    Btw I was wondering about this since I have 4 rainbows ummm y is the first egg polka dot while the others r stiped? Any reason?

16. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Haha I had to go look....they are so cute! I love it!

17. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    It's how the "new rainbow egg" looks. It changed I think with the either the panlong or the love dragon update.

18. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Can you post a pic? I would sure like to see it, I didn't realize they kept their size.

19. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    I saw someone's that had crowns...they had hacked the game so I unfriended them. I'm with you I prefer the orbs...I didn't care for the crowns. I also think the silver shrines look better than the gold ones but I believe that later in the game there is probably some benefit once you achieve the "gold status" or will be at some juncture. You know now that I think about it, DV will probably have us breeding youthed dragons with the original for some new breed....

20. MaLiesa

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    Oh btw, you will keep your DV status on the new iPad, that's a bummer the insurance wouldn't cover it. Did the device locator not work?