What do you do in iSR?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tmonine, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Hey,
    I have been considering buying iSynth Racing for quite a while now, particularly with the $1.19 sale, but I haven't been able to take the plunge because I can't see what on earth you're supposed to do? The screenshots just show a straight tunnel and all the iTunes reviews are commenting on how there are no corners or anything and I was wondering how that makes a game?

From what I gather all you have to do is sit in the racer going in a staight line until you crash, but what into?

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Imagine cube runner. Imagine instead of just going left and right, you also go up and down. Then add ridiculously cool ships and controls smooth as butter. Polish it 100 times. Make the graphics eye-popping, and you've got iSR. I recommend it.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Tilting the device up/down/left/right moves the ship - you're trying to avoid the obstacles. There are buttons for airbrake, and roll.

You speed up gradually (and faster if you hit the turbo boost cubes) and slow down significantly if you hit something. Basically you are trying to get the lowest time per course/lap.

The game has an amazing sense of speed, a good number of ships to play with and great sound/music/graphics.

Good game for a buck if you want a twitchy, fast racer! :)

4. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    For the love of God, don't buy it. I bought it thinking it was some kind of F-Zero or Wipeout clone. Boy, was I wrong. The thing got old after 2 minutes, and is frustrating as hell; walls pop in front of you giving you no time to react.

Don't buy it. Don't. Don't. (sorry walrus)

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I used to be terrible like you, but I got good! No offense, but with practice it really does get more enjoyable. Hitting those top speeds is quite exhilarating.

6. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    So it's basically like tunnel vision but accelerometer controlled?
    Looks good enough, and for a dollar even if I only play it for 15 minutes that's still more than I would get from a pinball machine for $1. Thanks guys