iPad Undercroft (by Jagex Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Jagex, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Jagex

Jagex Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Making great games for mobile devices
    Jagex Games Studio
    One of the biggest reasons we wanted to make the game free to play for everyone! :)

2. rodney112

rodney112 Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Amazing! and for free! MUST HAVE!

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I agree here. I would totally pay 2-5 dollars for another game of this scope and quality. Maybe even more. This is a niche on the appstore that has very few competitors, and lots of people want it.

4. Jareth247

Jareth247 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    I have the original. Do I need to DL the new one?

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You do if you want updates in the future.

6. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Dont get me wrong, I like The Quest (even though i get lost and run in circles for hours).

I have really liked Undercroft more I think because of running the entire party instead of just myself. I created my family as the group which is a blast.

Warrior: Me (Dad/Father)
    Priest: My Wife
    Assassin: My Son
    Mage: My Daughter

7. Jareth247

Jareth247 New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    And will I get to keep my progress?

8. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    incredible ya made this free guys!

ranks as one of my favourite games to date and 1 of only a handful i beat to the end.

really hoped to see sequals but alas was never ment to be. it really never got anywhere near the success it deserved which is a great shame.

9. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I love this game! But I'm stuck, I have a quest from a merchant to get to this other merchant in dolbrad but I don't know where that is, I've completed all other quests so far and I have a bone key but I can't get past the guard cause I don't have a certificate or anything to signify me as an adventurer, what do I do?

10. Cymrune

Cymrune Active Member

Sep 9, 2010
    I've always wished for Jagex to make an RPG for the Appstore, because I love playing runescape and lack a good RPG on my iPod touch - which is now a major gaming device for me.

I was dead excited to see Jagex had published one when I visited the Runescape homepage! I couldn't believe it :D but then got bit disapointed because it's like a classic first person RPG which i don't really enjoy - I prefer third person RPGs.. like Runescape xD.

Nonetheless am downloading this now and definately going to give it a good try :). Can't tell you how much i appreciate Jagex for making iPod touch/iPhone games. For me all are instant buys; big fan of Fuborb & Runescape!

11. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Should I download this even if I don't really get into Classic RPGs?

EDIT: Heck, it's free... Might as well try it out.

12. Cymrune

Cymrune Active Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Yeahh definately! theres not many FULL games on the appstore that are COMPLETELY free!!

13. cripps

cripps New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    This game rocks... I got stuck too... there is a website with full spoilers :)

http://www.undercroft.com

14. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    Thanks!

15. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    There is also a full walktrhough in the "help" section. I love Undercroft - IMHO it has the perfect mixture of exploration, puzzles and varied environments - something that is largely missing even from high-budget modern RPGs. I love the music too - and it is quite varied as well.
    Yes, I like expansiveness and complexity of the Quest too, but I enjoy Undercroft a little bit more.

16. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    I tried to get into the Quest but I got so lost on even the first quest, and the day night cycle annoyed me, even though it adds to the gameplay.

17. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    NEEDS MOAR CONTENT. Make a lot of expansion packs like The Quest has.

18. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    ergh, I just bought this last week...

But anyway, while it doesn't hold a candle to the quest in my opinion it's still a good rpg and for free it's a no-brainer.

Just get it.

19. Kylescorpion

Kylescorpion Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I downloaded this the second jagex announced it via twitter. It's a really good game so far. My party owns. 20 hours of content for free!

20. cripps

cripps New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Has anyone completed it yet?

Had to use the walkthrough for the maze :)

I really like this game, The Quest is also great fun but for the price (FREE :)) its a bargain. Do you think they will keep it free?