Universal Siralim 2 (RPG / Roguelike)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    To someone who never played the first version how approachable is this game? Does it feature a proper tutorial or we're completely on our own? There seems to be a lot of depth to it.

I'm not experienced with monster collecting games such as this one but have long experience with dungeon crawlers and roguelikes since their inception so I'm unsure if I would enjoy this. Advice please! :)

2. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Here's a play through from a guy who's played the first. His experience really helps to sell the game I think.
    Looks good

https://youtu.be/C12wW4nr6Ew

3. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    To be quite honest it is actually way more approachable than the first one was. If you have experience with dungeon crawlers and turn based rpgs youll feel right at home.

Note that there is A LOT of customization and options to learn, it has a long learning curve, but you will learn as you go, the tutorial is basic but does the job to make you start. As long as youre not affraid to hit some menus and try things to see what they do you wont encounter issues.

It feels a bit like those w-rpgs from the 90s (like might and magic for instance) where you had to learn a lot by yourself, it is more modern than those though and guides you a bit more (and does explain every single game terms and specific game mechanics so you wont just wander through the unknown with the : what the heck is "crusade status" ? feeling...

I say for 5$ you cant go wrong, its incredible value for the price :)

4. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    My Steel Series Nimbus is totally unresponsive within the game, so I'm assuming other Mfi controllers will be as well. That's ok, still very excited to dig into the game - just wanted to report back.

If Mfi controllers are ever supported that'd be sweet, but definitely not a deal breaker in a turn based game by any means.

5. AppWhore

Dec 24, 2008
    That's honestly refreshing to hear that in these forums ###

6. RareSpine

RareSpine New Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Never played the first game, as it looked confusing to me. Big mistake on my part, though, as I'm absolutely loving Siralim 2. Having a great time.

----
    Just a few minor things that to share:

01 - When I started the game, during the tutorial in
    Vertraags domain
    , I had a look in the options to change the size and locations of the D-Pad/Buttons. When I pressed the option to decrease the size, I got a long error pop up (something about an illegal action) and the game froze. Had to restart entirely.

I never thought to get a screenshot, sorry. Nor have I been able to replicate it. So it's probably a one-off, but I thought I would mention it regardless. Can't hurt anyway.

02 - I'm playing on the iPhone 6s, and it feels like the game occasionally hitches very slightly when changing direction (like when going left directly to right). Happens now and then.

03 - When moving up and down, I'm seeing black lines pop up. I think they're grid lines showing up from the tiles, but only horizontal and only when moving up and down. Doesn't occur when moving left to right. Wasn't sure if this is normal or not, so figured I'd share.
    ------

In any case, I'm having a great time with it.

7. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    It's a lot more approachable than the first one, (been playing this on steam for a few weeks) though that was fun to play as well, but there is so much more to do in this version compared to the first and it has a lot more synergy.
    You will get dozens if not hundreds of hours out of the game......trust me.

8. Cinot

Cinot Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Great RPG

I tried the first one for free cause i didn't knew this game. After playing for an hour, bought this one. It's an amazing game.
    Sorry for my poor english.

9. Septim

Septim Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Played the first one on phone just a bit but ended up buying it on PS4. This one seems superior and I like the clean new look.

A couple things:
    -124mb install size
    -Can play offline
    -Small graphics bug: There are lines in environment that follow the player around as they walk. A bright horizontal line and a faded vertical line typically.

With a couple other good premium games released this week, this has been one exciting (and expensive) week.

10. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Are you playing this on a PS4 or iPhone (6)? I had the same graphic issue during the first game on an iPhone 6 but bought Siralim 2 on my SE and no graphic problema anymore.

Kinda seems like it's an iPhone 6 thinghy

11. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    On my ipad pro the D pad button is only half visible, same thing with the B button. I can only see the top of it.
    I can't use the down button of the D pad.
    Is this a known problem and can this be fixed?

12. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    When in game, hit the B button and scroll to options and you can alter the positions of the D pad and any buttons for that matter.

13. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Ok, thank you. Just found it.

14. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015

01 - Changing the button layout during tutorial is bugged, it does all kind of weird things, tutorial is only 5 minutes and after that no problemo (except that you still cannot move dpad down for some reason) i reported that to the devs on their official forums :)

02 - I have the feeling that this is due to frameskipping, which is enabled by default in game options - display, id leave it on if inwere you though, it helps reducing battery consumption a lot (tried playing without it yesterday, game runs smooth as butter but battery goes down about twice as fast)

03 - Saw that as well, and im on a 6s Plus, so its not only your phone, since i play on zoom x4 most of the time it doesnt impact me (zoom x4 size is exactly of the lines we see in other zooms, so we dont see them in x4)

Im not the devs but since i had info thought id share :)

15. AppWhore

Dec 24, 2008
    I've been watching vids on the game and I think I'll jump in. The game seems to be crafted with love.
    This one really sells the 'play your own game' aspect https://youtu.be/0vjJ2EnJIQA

16. RockerNJ

RockerNJ New Member

Aug 25, 2016
    iPad mini 1, IOS 9.3.4. First attempt at playing, kept crashing at first teleport. Powered off/on, now crashes at first fight.

17. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    If that guy convinced you talking about the first game let me tell you that this one is better than the first in every possible way.

Most of the things that bothered fans of the first like myself were fixed or changed to something better, the first had a crapton of content, this one has a crapzillionton of content. If you dont mind old school 16 bit graphics and old school turn based battle system youll find yourself dozens if not hundreds of hours or entertainment beneath. There is a lot to see and you can adapt the game to your liking all the time, so far this is my game of the year on iOS.

It is kind of niche but in its genre its the very best available right now. I cant say enough good things about this game, played Siralim for around 100hrs before some little things (the fighting especially, it was long and tedious, now its miles better) started to feel heavy...

I already know ill pound more into Siralim 2.

18. riverstomp

riverstomp Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Game crashes

The game crashes during the tutorial when starting the fight with the first monster (shadeling).

iOS 9.3.5 / iPad2

Tried it 3 times, even a full reboot did not help. :mad:

Will wait a week for a fix; and then request a reimbursement from Apple if the game does not work.

19. AppWhore

Dec 24, 2008
    I thought that vid was the 2nd! Even better #

20. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Out of curiosity, did you close other apps before running the game ? Ipad2 is very old by now and RAM is quite subpar... Same goes for the first ipad mini.

This game isnt so demanding on hardware but since theres a lot of variables going on my guess is that it will take a fair bit of RAM to function, again, thats my guess on the matter.