Your favorite iOS game (no lists, only ONE), touchArcade member's top game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Habakuk, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Yeah it really is hard to narrow it down past like a top 5. I guess ill have to go with bike baron

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

So I count this as a vote for Phoenix HD.

Maybe I'll add an option that a tA user can change his/her opinion once or maybe twice in a year (assumed that the thread lives that long). They have to justify this with at least two sentences.

Thank you, awp69. Nominations/votes by regulars are especially precious!

I must confess that Pocket RPG slipped under my radar until now. Maybe it's the "RPG" in the name. But it seems that the RPG part is very well balanced and that it's more a dual stick controlled hack and slash, dungeon crawler game.

Tried the ad supported lite of Pocket RPG for some minutes and it's graphically overwhelming, looks very good on iPad 3rd gen.—That begins already with the pseudo 3D menue screen and the floating fonts in the shop and equip items screen. The controls are perfect.

Cleared the first level on the first try and got five of motivating achievements. Love how you get gold coins just for speaking to someone (tap). And experience bonus for smashing chests and vases. Hit trees and you'll get a few coins sometimes. Some chests or skulls contain monsters. Obviously you can smash anything. Cool gold rain in the screen between the levels. Good sounds and music as well.

It's pretty fun so far to play. Thanks for the hint. Will try the lite a bit more and maybe wait for a sale of the full universal.

That's exactly why I created this nomination/poll thread. To find out simply the best iOS game, nothing more, nothing less.

3. Plebeian

Plebeian Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Chicago
    King of Dragon Pass

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  5. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Only 1 other vote for Dungeon Raid, considering the amount of post that thread has... I am disappoint. Each to his own.

6. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Really hard to choose only one, but I think I'll help Ascension to ascend on that list. ;)

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I second that.

8. funambulist

funambulist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    NL
  9. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    At the moment I'd probably have to say Chaos Rings II.

10. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    [​IMG] Deathsmiles

11. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #91 Gabrien, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    "Favourite game" and "if you could only keep one" are two very different questions. For me at least.

EDIT: Come to think of it, "Best Game" is yet another different question entirely.

12. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Thanks for your nominations and votes, guys. Some interesting new entries added in the OP.

I understand what you mean, Gabrien. As said before: It's rather hypothetic. But keep it simple please. And: What better, short and terse "helper question" would you ask to find out the "best game of all times"? For me personally "if you could only keep one" is a hard question but a pretty good and concise aid and crib as well.

13. RichardMagpies

RichardMagpies Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Game Dev Story

14. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I was really tempted to list a runner up. In keeping with the spirit of the idea and only naming one game though, space miner.

15. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Guess I'll be the first to say Swordigo.

16. 3parkbenchhydra

3parkbenchhydra Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    King of Dragon Pass.

17. Aquarius

Aquarius Active Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Israel
    Dungeon Raid

18. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Phoenix HD.

19. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Broken sword sharow of the templars

If jailbroken counts: full throttle

20. im.krystal

im.krystal Active Member

May 18, 2012
    Canada
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery

Not gonna lie, it's taking me quite awhile to progress through the sessions... but the number of hours accumulated in doing so... worth it :)