Recent games with huge data usage?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by awp69, Mar 10, 2014.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I was stunned to get a text message today saying I had used over 2 GB of data just in the last three days. I contacted my carrier - AT&T - and the couldn't pin point where it came from. The only thing I noticed under cellular data was 5.6 GB under iTunes Account Services (I hadn't reset those counters in a few months so that was not just from the past three days).

All I use cellular data for is things like browsing this forum and a little music streaming but had actually used it less in the past three days.

So I started to wonder if there's any of last week's releases that may have caused it even though I don't usually game on 4G either.

Last week, I got Bloo Kid 2, Devious Dungeons, Wave Wave, 1Path, Smash Hit, Miss Claire Garden (redownload), Block Legend, Ninja Newton, Tanuki Forest, Uber Racer 3D Monster Truck Nightmare, Glint and Autumn Dynasty Warlords (won a contest for that one). Also downloaded and started playing Bug Heroes 2 again (had been waiting for that second update).

Some of the other new releases I got on my WiFi only Android tablet.

Since I only download apps on WiFi, I was just curious if anyone has had similar gigantic boosts in cellular data with any of those new apps.

Just can't figure out what is causing it and wondered if there's something in one of these that may be pulling in data in the background (I do close all of my apps so there isn't anything viewable that's running).

Anyone have similar issues in the past few days? I rarely use that much data in a month.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Update: Reset statistics and in just 15 minutes my iTunes Accounts had used 53 MB of data. No iCloud backups done. App Store not even being used.

Starting to wonder if this is an issue with the 7.0.6 iOS version (which I also updated last week to).

Five minutes later 93 MB for iTunes Accounts. WTF???

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Is it possible that's it's being caused by the refreshing of apps in the background if you have that setting enabled, or automatic updates?

4. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yes,i think can be enable automatic download updates,or refresh of The Apps running in background..just look if it's enable under device settings..