Desktop Dungeons

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by undeadcow, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #1 undeadcow, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    [​IMG]

http://www.desktopdungeons.net/ [Note the iOS progress bar in the left hand column showing about 50% done]

PC Alpha Edition (free online): http://www.desktopdungeons.net/media/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am so looking forward to this one. I logged quite a bit of time on the free PC version.

3. jgainsbrugh

jgainsbrugh Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Aww yea! This looks great. What is the expected release date?

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    What the heck! This is a surprise! This game is really liked or loved by Steam gamers.

Will it be only iPad, or also iPhones?
    The upper pic with the thief looks as if it is for iPhones.

Anyway, this is a game you can play for years.

5. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Considering how gloriously low-resolution this game is, I should think it would be well playable on both iPhone and iPad. Really it should work on anything iPhone 4 and up (and whatever the equivalent iPad generations are). It is really a fantastic game, and the graphics make me feel so happy inside. I hope people who aren't as old as I am can still appreciate it.

Did I mention it's a fantastic game?

Anyway, it has been years and years, and still no iOS release. It's baffling, because I feel like this game could, should and would do really well on iOS. It deserves to. But I want it!

The way they have their infrastructure set up, it is currently playable on Web and on Steam (and off Steam I think, too), and your saves are available across platforms. One would think this would carry over to iOS and Android releases so that you could play it on whatever platforms you wish and still have all your save data available to you as long as you can connect and get your save.

As someone said above, this is a game you can play for years.

Anyway, I don't know what the hiccups or hold-up is, but I would really like it on my iPad and iPhone.

6. dislekcia

dislekcia Member

May 3, 2011
    Game Designer
    South Africa
    Mostly we've been working on optimizing the game so that it runs smoothly on iOS. We're also putting a lot of effort into making the controls feel good on a touch device - there's some reorganizing that's being done to gods and how the combat interface works.

Plus we're adding some new content as well ;)

7. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Oh, hi! Well, I hope you don't change how gloriously low-res the visuals are. They will look absolutely awesome on iPads and iPhones alike!!!! And I hope you'll keep it so that the Steam, web and iOS versions can all still link up. But I know whatever we end up with, it's going to be awesome. Perfect for on the go play, too.

Any rough idea of a release date, or is that top secret? :) Thanks for an awesome game!

8. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    "The mobile version is a full one-to-one port of the game with a spiffy new interface for touch devices. All of your cloud saved kingdoms (built in if you log into your Desktop Dungeons account) will synchronize across the various platforms.... The Enhanced Edition will roll out on Steam, GOG and Humble on the 20th of April, with the mobile release following soon after that."

http://www.qcfdesign.com/?p=958

9. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Oh, YAY!! Finally!! I got this on Humble or GOG (can't remember which) but really really really want to play on my IPAD...

10. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    oh nice... remember seeing this or something similar on PC. now that its on mobile would be perfect on ipad. :)

11. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I don't understand the delay Eh? I ownit on my Mac but of course I do all my game playing on my iPad. I will buy this instantly. Heh

12. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I think once you have bought the game you can log in on any device??? I bought it on my MAC and I think I will be able to use my account once it hits mobile. In any case, I would insta buy it no matter what.

13. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I loved the much earlier free version of this game years ago on my PC, so I expect this will eat up many hours of my time on my iPad. This is an instant buy.

14. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    So... This week?

15. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The Enhanced Edition is out on PC/Mac now...

It's true you can transfer progress cross platform using the online account; however unless is iOS/mobile version is free to play or IAP driven there will likely still be an upfront cost. It would be neat if people with a pre-existing PC/Mac purchase didn't have to re-buy on mobile but I don't expect that will be the case.

16. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    has anyone heard a date for this?

17. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Good news, apparently this has been submitted to Apple for approval!

18. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    That is great news, hopefully it get released within the next two weeks.

19. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Any hope of it hitting tonight?

20. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX