Yaniv! the card game to end all card games :)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BigEyeGuy, May 15, 2011.

1. BigEyeGuy

BigEyeGuy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hey guys, i want to introduce you to our upcoming iPhone/iPod Touch game: Yaniv

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Its a popular "backpackers" card game, that was supposedly created by two bored Israeli backpackers in south america about 6-7 years ago (there are various versions). Its a very fast and addictive card game that has since circulated into other countries as well.
    here is what wikipedia has to say about it

I personally played it since 2005, and we (a group of friends who are programmers, graphic artists, and video game fanatics) decided to make an iPhone version of it

We've been working on it quite a while, and in the upcoming week we will be sending it off to apple for approval

here is a short promotional trailer that spoofs the ambiguous origins of the game and shows a bit of gameplay!
    im working on a screencast that will show you the game in action.

Your opinion is very important for us so please share your feedback here

if you want to follow us links are below in my signature!

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    The vid was entertaining. Looking forward to seeing the game on the AppStore and reading more about it on Wiki. Is a "Lite" version in the works? Or, more videos to show actual gameplay?

3. BigEyeGuy

Feb 15, 2011
    Yes ColeDaddy, as mentioned a gameplay video will be up soon that will best show the different game modes. as far as a lite version we will be announcing that pretty soon :)

4. BigEyeGuy

Feb 15, 2011
    Here is the gameplay video I promised, enjoy!

my first narrating gig, be gentle.

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Just watched the video and I think you did a great job with explaining everything

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

#6 BazookaTime, May 21, 2011
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
    Looks great and you did a nice job with the video. I think I will pick this up and give it a try.

Any chance you will make an iPad version? This game would work great like the UNO HD version where there was same system multiplayer. (cupping hand to reveal cards)

EDIT...am I missing the link to the game? I put the name in the app store and a different Yaniv game came up. Oh...maybe not out yet, so this thread should be in upcoming.

7. BigEyeGuy

Feb 15, 2011
    Hey Bazooka Time, were currently waiting for approval from Apple
    the game will be out soon enough!, ill post a message here when it will be done