Realtime Multiplayer Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by socalledsin, May 2, 2015.

1. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Been looking for some good multiplayer games to play with my daughter, and would love some recommendations. Price doesn't matter at all. Not having a ton of luck, so far we have Muffin Knight, Sonic Racing, Minecraft, and Heroes and Castles. About to pick up Bug heroes 2 and Terrarria. Anything else a must have? Thanks in advance.

2. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Order & Chaos online? Or any of the Gameloft games are pretty much multiplayer, just make sure you both on the same operating systems because they don't do cross platform games which is a shame tbh

3. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

I thought asphalt would be a good one, but I don't see an option to play with friends/local, it just grabs whoever. Maybe I am just missing it. Thanks for the suggestions.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #4 Exact-Psience, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    If you like family competition try anything from Otto-Ville Ojala, most especially Wrestle Jump and Tug the Table. It's single-device multiplayer only, but it's guaranteed funtime with your daughter. :)

For multi-device coop, try Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. One of you plays Lara Croft and the other using the other character.

There's also the Metal Slug games which have always been really fun in coop multiplayer.

For something crazy unique, check out Space Team. ;)

One that has a very steep learning curve but gets really through-the-roof awesome when you get the basics down, is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

5. Lift the Camel

Lift the Camel Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Taichi Panda, Kings Road, Meltdown, Sonic & All stars Racing Transformed, Worms 3, and Spy vs Spy.

6. Arcane Legends maybe? It's a light-themed fantasy MMO with PvE, pets system and doesn't require good internet connection or high-end device to work. If you will play it - I can help you there, my in-game nickname is Sneezflu.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    As E-P said, Wrestle Jump is a go-to for multiplayer. As is Soccer Physics, also by Otto.

OLO is another must-have single-device-multiplayer game. Marble Mixer is great if you've got an iPad.

My daughter and I play a lot of Sonic 2, as well as Talisman. Carcassonne is almost-realtime (you can pass-n-play if you want)

SWOC has a fun pass-n-play mode, though sometimes it can be hard to tell whose turn it is.