Synesthetic is free for the weekend

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Alex Dantis, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Alex Dantis

Alex Dantis Active Member

Mar 20, 2012

Synesthetic

Alex Dantis
    Synesthetic can generate levels from your iTunes music library (must be downloaded/transferred to the device first) but …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Synesthetic can generate levels from your iTunes music library (must be downloaded/transferred to the device first) but is not compatible with Apple Music or Spotify songs. "Synesthetic is a game any music lover should pick up. When I played my first round, all I could do was smile. It looks good, it feels good. It’s a trip. This game won’t be leaving my iPad anytime soon." Gamezebo.com (4.5/5 stars) "...it’s an experience as beautiful and transcendental as it is strange and wonderfully horrifying due to the impressive neon techno visuals." 148Apps.com (4/5 stars) "A fusion of Audiosurf and Boost, Synesthetic takes you on a trippy ride through your own music while basing its game around the simplicity of tilting." AppSpy.com (4/5 stars)   Experience your music like never before with Synesthetic, the first IOS game that truly syncs with your music. Embark on an out of this world rollercoaster ride, dodging obstacles and going though loops, trying to improve your highscore. Everything (the speed, obstacles and colors) is in tune to your music. *The game doesn't work with DRM protected songs (music bought from iTunes before 2009 or music from streaming services such as Apple Music or Spotify).
    Information
    Seller:Alex Dantis
    Genre:Music, Racing, Action
    Release:Jul 19, 2012
    Updated:Aug 06, 2020
    Version:2.02
    Size:12.3 MB
    User Rating: (8)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. If you have a lot of music (like me) then get this. It's a really nice game :)

3. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Looks quite psychedelic o_O

4. Warning: May cause epilepsy or seizures.

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I downloaded it ... Now there's an update. Has anyone tested the update yet? I don't have a backup of the version on my phone yet, but I'm always very cautious about covering myself when it comes to updates since you meet know if one of the changes is ads or something.

6. Alex Dantis

Alex Dantis Active Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Synesthetic is and always will be a premium game. No ugly banners or ads. On Monday the game will return to its original price. I used the sale to get more ratings for the new update.

7. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Why is there no option to continue using the music in the tutorial?? Seems stupid to not offer that. I don't keep any music on my ipad.

8. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Hurts me epilepsy, it does!

9. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    adding info

agree if you have dizzy problems you'll be on the floor soon enough ;)

Synesthetic

Alex Dantis
    Synesthetic can generate levels from your iTunes music library (must be downloaded/transferred to the device first) but …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Synesthetic can generate levels from your iTunes music library (must be downloaded/transferred to the device first) but is not compatible with Apple Music or Spotify songs. "Synesthetic is a game any music lover should pick up. When I played my first round, all I could do was smile. It looks good, it feels good. It’s a trip. This game won’t be leaving my iPad anytime soon." Gamezebo.com (4.5/5 stars) "...it’s an experience as beautiful and transcendental as it is strange and wonderfully horrifying due to the impressive neon techno visuals." 148Apps.com (4/5 stars) "A fusion of Audiosurf and Boost, Synesthetic takes you on a trippy ride through your own music while basing its game around the simplicity of tilting." AppSpy.com (4/5 stars)   Experience your music like never before with Synesthetic, the first IOS game that truly syncs with your music. Embark on an out of this world rollercoaster ride, dodging obstacles and going though loops, trying to improve your highscore. Everything (the speed, obstacles and colors) is in tune to your music. *The game doesn't work with DRM protected songs (music bought from iTunes before 2009 or music from streaming services such as Apple Music or Spotify).
    Information
    Seller:Alex Dantis
    Genre:Music, Racing, Action
    Release:Jul 19, 2012
    Updated:Aug 06, 2020
    Version:2.02
    Size:12.3 MB
    User Rating: (8)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

10. pdSlooper

pdSlooper Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    USA
    It's a nice, minimalistic music game that makes good use of tilt. I really like Vibe mode -- I'm always annoyed at music games that end the song in the middle if you are doing too badly. It always seemed to me that the jarring feeling you get from hearing your favorite song messed up is motivation enough to want to do better.

I like the options, especially the ability to darken the color scheme and adjust tilt controls (I turned my sensitivity up; my wrist already hurts a bit from playing). For those

The only thing I'd ask for is the possibility of an "endless" mode. There's a lot of video game music (some of which is legally acquirable!) that loops endlessly. The Cave Story OST that I got off one of the Humble Bundles is full of them, and I think the Canabalt music may loop, too.