Zombie Karts

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by xenoclone, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 xenoclone, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
    I just uploaded (last night) my next game to the app store: Zombie Karts. It's a retro-style kart game, modeled graphically and play-wise after Super Mario Kart for the SNES.

It comes with Grand Prix, Time Trial, and Free Play modes. Touch or tilt steering. Nine tracks. Four karts. Five powerups. 99 cents with future updates / content coming. :D

I'll try to get a video up soon. Runs on all iDevices... It's very smooth on an iPod Touch 2G.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    looks interesting.

You might have a hard time with all the kart games in the appstore recently. Good luck! I hope your game succeeds.

3. ripofra

ripofra Well-Known Member

#3 ripofra, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
    Added to my list. I have Crash Kart, Shrek Kart, Cro-Mag, and Cocoto, and I really want Krazy Kart and after that I really want this. Looks nice. I'll need to see how the controls are. Simple, like Raging Thunder, but nice.

4. SparkyBlue

SparkyBlue Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    Still at school
    Bonnie old Scotland
    I quite like the look of your game, it certainly looks more interesting than Shrek ¬_¬. I'll buy it when its out, Helps out the little man ;)

5. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    future purchase ;) cant pass it up at the set price :)

6. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    i have cocoto which is my mario kart wii, now im gonna have this, my mario kart 64 :D

7. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Looks decent and I will probably pick it up since I love kart racers but from the screen shots there seems to be little to no obstacles and path seems a bit to linear or I am I wrong

8. Ya, who would have thought over the brief period of development for this game that TWO other kart games would show up? I knew about Shrek but Cocoto was an unpleasant surprise at that price point.

Bad screenshots on my part. It's hard to dodge and hit "print screen," so it's during the easy stretches that I took pictures. Overall, there are some tracks that are fairly clear and easy, and some that have lots of obstacles. I skewed more tracks toward easy (maybe 5 "easy" and 4 "hard"). But I figure if any particular track doesn't play right, an update is simple enough to provide. Plus, I plan on adding some new tracks that I will use to balance overall player tastes... I hope. :D

Thanks for positive comments!

9. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Thanks for the reply, would love to see updated screenshots when possible:)

skyye

10. I'll do better than that, skyye. I plan to start putting together the promo video for it tonight. :)

11. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    heh, yay! :D Excited to see how it actually plays :)

12. I think this video captures the style and tone of the game... but doesn't show the powerups, hazards, or shortcuts well.... nonetheless here's my first attempt at a promo video. :)

When I get the chance, I'll try to put something more sophisticated together.

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Looks really nice, I wish there were more karts though.

14. Thanks! I am hoping to add a little bit of extra content via updates. It depends on how much wiggle room I have under 10MB when it hits the store. I might also experiment with downloadable content if I think there's not enough room.

15. sconethief

sconethief Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    looks like mario kart for GBA or SNES Very retro cool :)

16. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    That's so awesome!
    It looks almost EXACTLY like Super Mario Kart. :D

17. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Looks cool :) May be you could add some more animations for the player when you are steering left / right to make it look less static since you are watching the player most of the time. The tracks give a good retro feeling.

18. Thanks!

I'm going to spend some time today researching how to crunch down the file size of the game.... that should allow me to give an estimate about how much new content can go into version 1.1. :)

19. Hudson RL

Hudson RL Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    England
    this looks awesome, better than i was expecting any ways. hopefully it'll have a smooth frame rate. it would be great if you could incorporate some sort of multiplayer though... preferably bluetooth. announce that for a future update and i'll buy it when it comes out.

20. I am already working on version 1.1, which I aim to submit the same day this app hits the store. The plan is more tracks, more powerups, and some misc improvements to things like AI, kart balancing, etc...

Not sure about multiplayer. Right now I'm leaning in the direction of downloadable extras as a first major addition...