Risk - $2.99 -> $0.99 (iPhone) $6.99 -> $3.99 (iPad)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by syntheticvoid, Dec 8, 2011.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]

RISK

THE REAL RISK EXPERIENCE! Now on iPhone & iPod touch, pursue world domination with THE ORIGINAL game of strategic co…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    THE REAL RISK EXPERIENCE! Now on iPhone & iPod touch, pursue world domination with THE ORIGINAL game of strategic conquest. Mobilize against relentless computer-driven enemies or challenge up to 6 real-world multiplayer opponents. Play the game that has fired dreams of global conquest for generations!

THE ORIGINAL WAR GAME LIVES ON IN AN EXPLOSIVE NEW WAY
    The updated look and feel also captures the powerful tradition of the authentic RISK experience. Strategize over the world map, attack with a “roll” of the dice, and fortify your advances with the same rule set as the classic board game.

ENGAGE IN MULTIPLE MODES OF BATTLE AGAINST COMPUTER & REAL-WORLD ENEMIES
    Test your power against unforgiving computer-driven adversaries. Each in-game enemy features unique strategies and even emotional responses. Or escalate the action in two Multiplayer modes. Challenge up to 4 of your greatest personal rivals via WiFi or Bluetooth, or up to 6 with Pass ‘n Play.

DRAFT. ATTACK. FORTIFY. CRUSH YOUR OPPONENTS AND ACHIEVE HONOR
    Attack enemy forces, and transfer and strengthen your armies in phased-based warfare. Track the progress and relative strength of opponents with easily accessible in-game statistics. Earn an extensive list of achievements as your armies dominate territory after territory.

STAY ON THE MARCH BACKED BY AN INSPIRING SOUNDTRACK
    Stirring sound effects and morale-boosting music enhance the feelings of struggle – and triumph!
    ** DON'T MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING GAMES! ** SCRABBLE, The Sims™ 3, TETRIS®, MONOPOLY, Madden NFL 11 by EA Sports™, Pogo Games FREE, Liqua Pop, ROCK BAND® Reloaded, Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit & Surviving High School FREE

GIFT THIS APP: Click the “Buy App” arrow on the iTunes® App Store

Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more…
    VISIT US: ea.com/iphone
    FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
    LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile
    WATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegames

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
    Privacy and Cookie Policy: http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
    Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
    Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Important Consumer Information. This app: Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details).
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Board, Strategy
    Release:Jul 22, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

RISK™: The Official Game for iPad

THE REAL RISK EXPERIENCE – NOW DESIGNED FOR iPAD™! Pursue world domination on your iPad with THE ORIGINAL game of strate…
    $6.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    THE REAL RISK EXPERIENCE – NOW DESIGNED FOR iPAD™! Pursue world domination on your iPad with THE ORIGINAL game of strategic conquest. Escalate the classic board game experience to a new level of interactive intensity that only iPad can deliver. Draft! Attack! Fortify! Accept no pretenders! Conquer the world on your iPad with the one and only RISK.

EXCLUSIVE iPAD FEATURES INCLUDE:
    • NEW interactive board-game experience – Gather up to 6 players around the iPad for the ultimate war game!
    • Fast-App Switching – Pause a game and instantly return where you left off
    • Inspiring HD-quality graphics and precision gameplay – Enjoy visuals optimized for the iPad’s sharper resolution and bigger Multi-Touch screen
    • NEW “Fixed” rule set – For more strategic action, take on your enemies with a challenging new style of play

CLASSIC WAR GAME ACTION LIVES ON IN POWERFUL NEW WAY
    Capture the traditional look and feel of the original board game – but blow it out with a NEW interactive experience on iPad. Strategize over the world map, which springs to life with intense visual clarity. Attack with a sleek dice-roll effect. Sense a greater thrill of battle with awesome sound effects, and more.

BATTLE COMPUTER & REAL-WORLD ENEMIES
    With 3 ways to play – all for up to 6 players – RISK for iPad is made to satisfy the competitive demands of true strategy gamers. Test your power against unforgiving computer-driven adversaries. Play all around the board against your greatest real-world rivals in an epic war game. Or collide head-to-head against your most personal opponent via local WiFi or Bluetooth.

PLAY BY NEW RULES, CRUSH YOUR OPPONENTS, AND ACHIEVE HONOR
    Think strategically and play your cards right to defeat enemies with the new “Fixed” rule set. Or play by the classic “Progressive” rules and dominate the game in traditional style. View your cards with a simple touch and track the territories you’ve conquered. Earn an extensive list of achievements as your armies dominate territory after territory!

GIFT THIS APP: Click the “Buy App” arrow on the iTunes® App Store.

Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more…
    VISIT US: ea.com/iphone
    FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
    LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile
    WATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegames

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
    Privacy and Cookie Policy: http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
    Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
    Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Important Consumer Information. This app: Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details).
    Information
    Seller:
    Release:Dec 14, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (1)

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #2 Drexiel, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    I've heard constantly that it feels like the cpu cheats... any owners of RISK mind shedding some light? (i played Dominion and the cpu also looked like it cheated)

3. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Yeah its ridiculous, I have gotten halfway through a battle at my best and I get owned by the cpu. They are way overpowered.

4. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    so I guess I'm better off listening to the insane amount of complaints on the app's review section and just ignore this game =/

too bad, i would have really liked to play this

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    How is the local Bluetooth multiplayer?

6. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    More reasonable than against Cpu lol. The system randomizes very poorly in favor of hte cpu. PVP is fine.

Might wanna check if its ipod 2 compatible lol. ;)

7. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    If you like these style games, look up Conquist 2 on the app store instead, it's probly the best Risk-styled game (it has a bunch of modes, and ONLINE MP). [also i have no relation to the dev whatsoever in case this comes across shill-like]

8. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    For what it's worth, many people reported issues of losing when they have a huge advantage in the battles on the pogo version. It's possibly a port, though I'm not sure how much work is involved when converting from java to iOS.

EA/pogo supposedly said the game is working properly in that regard.

9. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    just made my friend get it... i just moved 37 troops to Australia... it was a 37 vs 2.... i had 37... i lost.... WTF?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I lost australia tnx to losing a 37vs2.... WTF IS THAT!! (oh and a territoty with 52 troops just lost 25 troops... 52v6...)

Imma chek out Conquist 2 as suggested by flameon then...

10. AlienSEX

AlienSEX Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    NOT gonna get this game.

The last update was in March. And since then there have been like a million complains and bad reviews.

Mainly, there is NO Online multiplayer.
    I mean come on, really???

then also they are mad as hell regarding the CPU's ultra unfair A.I.
    and the unrealistic odds.

Seems like EA have abandoned any efforts to improve this game.

Won't be buying unless they update with the features most players want. :(

11. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011

Lux Touch 3 - World Domination

Sillysoft Games
    Lux is a game of strategy and world conquest! Similar to the board game RISK, but better! Faster, free, with fun varied…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Lux is a game of strategy and world conquest! Similar to the board game RISK, but better! Faster, free, with fun varied computer AIs! Voted #1 iPhone game by Wired.com readers! Control the Blue armies and conquer the map. Fight a virtual war to dominate the world. TIPS: - attack with 3 or more armies for best odds - take over 1 enemy country per turn for a card - fully eliminate an enemy and you get their cards Lux Touch is fully FREE! No in-app purchases! No risk download! 100% free! Get our premium game Lux DLX for... - more AIs - more maps - more settings - more hot graphics - more human players - more of your dreams come true Lux Touch is a mobile version of Lux Delux, available now for your desktop and laptop. "Because taking over the world is fun!" Lux is NOT associated with the board game RISK.
    Information
    Seller:Sillysoft Games
    Release:Oct 06, 2008
    Updated:Jan 23, 2019
    Version:3.24
    Size:52.5 MB
    User Rating: (1)

12. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    After trying out Risk, Dominion and now Conquist 2...

Risk and Dominion aren't worth playing even if free tnx to the absurd Odds... Conquist 2 is really good though... I haven't had any problems with it and there's no 75vs2 losing...

Thank You Flameon for the suggestion xD now I can play without wanting to kill someone :D