Universal Devil's Attorney (by 1337 Game Design) [TA GotY 2012 Honorable Mention]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 10, 2012.

1. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I think this game could have been better with dialogue at the end of every case. Max could gloat to make winning the case more satisfying.

I beat normal mode and went to hard mode and noticed the accessories aren't brought over from normal mode. I was disappointed that the game doesn't allow me to fill it up.

What is the arcade mode everyone is talking about? Is it the mega lazer machine?

A mode to allow us to choose to replay any of the 58 cases after beating the game would be nice.

2. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I Love this game and I just hope the Dev's will continue to update the game with new cases and humor. :D

3. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Here is the glitch I talked about.Please don't rant why I posted,I just wanted to help some that are stuck!!!

Don't use only this glitch cause it ruins the gaming experience!!! Will be fixed in the next update.

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #144 crex, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
    I have no idea how I did it, but I just totally crushed Max McMann Sr. in the courtroom on Hard (without cheating mind you). Here's a screenshot of the final blow:

IMG_0592.jpg

Gotta admit, this game really surprised me by how fun it really was, and has snuck into my favorite iOS games of all time list. There is not one game on the app store that can match the witty dialogue in Devil's Attorney. He may not be Phoenix Wright, but that's because Max McMann is a whole different man, He's.....
    the champion of justiiiice! The defender of criiiime! He's the champion of justiiiice! And he's always on tiiiime!

I seriously hope the developers update the game so you have the option to listen to this from the menu screen. Best game ending song ever.

5. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    It's not really that hard you know. I think I had a slight problem on case 55 (or was it 56) on hard, but I won case 58 first time round. There's a trick, and if you use it you won;t go wrong!

6. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    \

+1. I missed the bonus on 3 cases in hard, but I am not prepared to play through all over again just to get all 58 bonuses.

7. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    With the right skills and strategy, the last stage is probably the easiest (but of course, it still requires you to plan everything well). I missed 3 bonus on normal, but I managed to get the 57 bonus achievement on hard since I already planned which skills and accessories to get.

8. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    I really loved this game and will continue supporting the devs in their future games. The Dark Nebula series blew me away and I was totally immersed in this game too. Great job devs.

9. Horr0r

Horr0r Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Student
    Manchester
    I completed this In less than a day, the most addictive game I've played on an iOS device since owning the first iPod touch,

Really hope to see updates that possible add more cases or and endless mode or something. Great job guys well done!

10. estriquinina

estriquinina Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Here's what I would like to see on future updates (or maybe the sequel?):
    - Instead of having skills deal random damage, make it so the damage that is dealt is related to the targeted opponent. For instance, a specific witness may be very vulnerable to, say, interrogation but resistant to patronizing. Now, I dont mean that the game should tell the player something like "witness A will take 3 damage points from interrogation". You can make it a lot more interesting by simply having some background info about that witness (or evidence, or coach or whatever). Something like "witness A claims she saw the defendant stealing the victims purse. Witness A is an 83 year old lady that seems to be as blind as a bat".
    I think it would make the cases a lot more interesting and bring depth to the game.

11. touchchamp

touchchamp Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Are there any plans to add the achievements to Game Center?

12. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Just bought this yesterday, breezed through the Normal cases and now I'm on my econd playthrough on Hard (finished act one). Great game, even if the humor gets a bit stale by the end; can't wait for a sequel!
    Oh, and on my iPad 4 the dialogues aren't displayed even though the subtitles option is on.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Bwahahahahaha! This is too funny. A thread bumped by spam :D

Nonetheless, this is a great game, but i dont know why even after i have finished it in hard, it kinda just got forgotten.

14. wolfgirl

wolfgirl Member

Feb 27, 2013
    singapore
    #154 wolfgirl, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    *minor spoilers up ahead!*

normally games always get forgotten after I complete them, but I don't think I will ever forget Max McMann u__u I can't decide if Susan is a very lucky girl or Max is the lucky one instead!

without the story and voice acting, this would have been just a dry runthrough of creative gameplay battle. the magic is where halfway through it, you just can't help liking your opponents... I catch myself chuckling in surprise all the time, I kept looking forward to meeting them, I scroll through the cases just to see if Susan or Josh was up next lol. it was really cute how they kept getting tricked by Max but still eventually warmed up to him, Mr. Douche's fake date & the fermented fish recipe had me grinning for the hour.

there wasn't once where Saul Goodman wasn't on my mind whenever I watch Max banter. the nolstagic and affection for both characters adds to the experience. they need to meet each other...!

thanks devs :) I wonder how you found the perfect voice actors and script writers tho, for a tiny ios game this is a surprise and no easy feat o.o and also what made you decide to give us the choice of 3 endings? it was quirky but too risky for me to choose any other than the key to the perfect love story hahaha. but still felt nice to have those options and their captions, great addition I must say! too bad I can't view what happens to the other two...

15. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Fixed.

DBC

16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    In case anyone is wondering if this amazing game will ever get a sequel, here's the response I got after emailing the devs a few weeks back:

-----
    Hi Nathan,

I'm glad to hear that you liked the game. However, I'm sorry to say that we won't be making any sequels. The reason is that even if the game was highly appreciated by the people who bought it, it didn't sell very well. So we had
    to abandon it to work on something different instead.

I hope you understand.

Best regards,
    Anders
    -----

: (

17. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    had a blast playing this game, but sad it was over.

18. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I'm disappointed we won't get a sequel. I got this game for free a few years back and deeply regret it; now I send copies of the game to people to compensate for it, lol.

Anyway, I think the developer should do a steam release, I promise this game would do great.