Frantic Fingers - A collection of WarioWare-style mini-games for iOS!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jakegreer1992, Apr 1, 2013.

1. jakegreer1992

jakegreer1992 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Animator, Graphic Designer
    Australia
    #1 jakegreer1992, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
    Coming in April to the AppStore by Voltic Games.

Trailer: http://youtu.be/W2rN-mPfx-g

[​IMG]

How fast can you think? How nimble are your fingers? Frantic Fingers will put you to the test! Frantic Fingers is a collection of three second mini-games in rapid succession. Under guidance from a brief instruction, you must figure out the objective of each presented scenario with a slide, tap or spin of your finger! You earn points by figuring out how to clear each scenario and will lose a life if you fail to do so or if time runs out. The difficulty level increases with your score, and you can compete against your friends and other players on the Game Center leader boards. Can you react quick enough to earn a score worthy of the #1 rank by playing through 60 mini-games.

[​IMG]

This game draws heavy influences from the WarioWare series – in particularly WarioWare: Touched! for the Nintendo DS. We thought the touch-based mini-games would be perfect on iOS and the style of gameplay is very fitting for the predominately casual market of the AppStore – and thus, Frantic Fingers was born. Although iOS devices support multiple touch points, Frantic Fingers (for the most part) was designed with single finger gameplay in mind due the appeal of the simplicity.

[​IMG]

Features

60 mini-games (with more to come in free updates)
    3 competitive modes (Main, Hard, Sudden Death)
    The option to practice specific mini-games
    Retina Display
    Optimised for iPhone 5
    Full Game Centre support (leaderboards and achievements)
    Music by Daniel Eddy (Lasting Light Sounds)

[​IMG]

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    This looks great. Really looking forward to it

3. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Looks fun, and judging by the screenshots fairly creative! :)

4. jakegreer1992

jakegreer1992 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Australia
    Thanks for your interest guys :)

It's creative to a degree I guess. The foundations of the gameplay haven't strayed too far from its inspiration, but I've tried to make most of the individual scenarios as creative as I can. With some notable exceptions - 'break the targets'. Haha.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Any news on a possible release date ? Really looking forward to this one

6. jakegreer1992

jakegreer1992 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Australia
    The game itself is done content-wise :) we are hoping for the end of April for release :) thanks for your interest!

7. jakegreer1992

jakegreer1992 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Australia
    Will update you with a specific date ASAP :)

8. jakegreer1992

jakegreer1992 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Australia
    Game Delayed until Mid-May

Hi all!

Unfortunately due to that thing known as 'life' getting in the way of things, Frantic Fingers has been delayed until mid-May.

Hope no-one is too disappointed by this :p

Jake

9. jakegreer1992

jakegreer1992 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Australia
    Game Submitted Estimated Release: May 28th

We have finally submitted the game for approval. Assuming the approval process goes down smoothly, it should see a May 28th release :)

10. jakegreer1992

jakegreer1992 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Australia
    Game Denied!

Unfortunately our game was denied for the AppStore as it featured an iPod looking device in one of the mini-games. We have altered the design of this graphic and are resubmitting ASAP.

11. jakegreer1992

jakegreer1992 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Australia
    #11 jakegreer1992, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    Preview and Impressions Video

The awesome Alex Kunzelmann has been issued a preview copy of the game for the purposes of creating a preview video in which he discusses his thoughts on our game Frantic Fingers. Please have a watch below:

http://youtu.be/_mAFvgltoNM

If any of you would like to request a preview copy of the game, we are happy to do so via TestFlight.

Let us know :)

12. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Looks great! Good luck on the launch! I'd happily test a build, but It's completely optional.

13. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Couple of questions:
    Will we be able to "unlock" and play only specific minigame, like in Warioware inc for GBA ?
    Will there be minigames for 2 players ?
    Price of game ?

Looking forward to it :)

14. jakegreer1992

jakegreer1992 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Australia
    Do you have TestFlight for your iOS device? Currently that is the only way we can distribute it. If you have it send me a message and I will try and figure out something for you :)

15. jakegreer1992

jakegreer1992 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Australia
    There is a 'Mini-Game Mode' which has all 60 games available from the start for you to practice on each difficulty level. You can earn achievements by "mastering" a certain number of mini-games in this mode :). A little crown icon appears on mini-games you have completed on all 4 difficulty levels.

Currently the game is only single player, but if there is enough interest we will be releasing free updates of mini-game packs. I can't see any reason not to consider 2-player mini-games in the future. I actually hadn't even considered that yet but what a fantastic idea! If we do develop 2-play mini-games I will be sure to mention you inspired that idea.

The game will be $0.99, with no extra In-App-Purchases.

Thanks for your interest!

16. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #16 Aventador, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013

Thank you for answers and kind words, even though you should mention Nintendo as inspiration , not me ( or not , because they might ask you to put in banners that advertise their games :p )
    About 2 players games ( on same device or with GC ) I was thinking about something like this from Warioware:
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_5LtE6x5gpI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_5LtE6x5gpI
    But obviously there can be much more unique ideas for short 2 player games on touch displays :)

17. jakegreer1992

jakegreer1992 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Australia
  18. jakegreer1992

jakegreer1992 Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Australia
    Well yeah haha. My sister and I used to play the WarioWare 2 player games like that. I remember there was one for the DS where each player would use a trigger button to play ping pong. It's definitely worth considering!