Anomaly, Isotope, Nano Fighter or ???

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pluto6, Jun 29, 2009.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So, I love geometry wars, stardust on the PS3, and others of these types of shooters.

It looks like Anomaly, Isotope, and Nano Fighter are 3 of the best, and although I could afford all 3, I am starting to want to pare down on all the apps that I am carrying around.

Big Albies review of Anomaly is pretty intriguing, and the Lite Version of Isotope is great.

What are people keeping on the machines?

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Of these three, I've got Isotope and Anomaly.

Between these two, I prefer Isotope's style and depth. Also note that if you get the updated version of Isotope and Isotope Lite on at the same time, you can make a one time transfer of funds to Isotope.

The reason I picked up Anomaly was that I like it's maze-like gameplay. I was slightly put off by it's music when I played the demo, but there is a nice variety of music in the full version. While it doesn't feel as in-depth as Isotope, there's plenty of fun to be had here for 99 cents.

3. Tavoss

Tavoss Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    i've only played isotope so i cant compare the , but it is good, its still not running perfectly on 3.0 though

4. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Nanofighter and isotope are really good. Anomoly is just ok

5. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    I'd say.... Isotope

I've gotten Isotope and Nano Fighter, and Isotope has more accurate controls, more levels, and it's an RPG. Nano fighter is a- Try to live as long as possible but you don't choose levels, it's just one big level- kinda game. I would stick with Isotope.

6. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Personally, i think if you want a game, get light wars and then get also tyrian.

7. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Anomaly is a wonderful retro-space-dungeon crawler-top down-shmup-type game. Love it!

In all honestly, I can't be bothered with Isotope (I know I will sound like aheathen to many when I say this). I guess, all the business of having a store is, well, tedious. But if you have a penchant for RPG's with that sort of stuff, then go for it. Personally I just like to get into the action, albeit it simpler, but it cuts the crap and gets down to brass tacs.:)

8. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    #8 Big Albie, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    I played all three, and I still on only have Anomaly and Isotope on my device. I know a lot of people like Nano Fighter but I found the game repetitive and lacking. Of course, that's just my opinion so do what you will with it.

As for Isotope, the game has depth and you can upgrade your ship and weapons. The controls are good and I can't complain about the levels.

Anomaly has a good storyline and good controls, and frankly liked the mazes that you have to fly through and the power generators that you have to destroy. This is my favorite of the bunch because I don't like dealing with too much other stuff.

As for Tyrian, that's a top down shooter so not sure if that fits in this thread, but I should have a review on that tonight. If it's anything like the PC port, then this should be good.

9. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    light wars is definitely a game you should consider

circuit strike one and asteroid bbq as well...but those are not dual stick type games

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I have tried a couple of the lite versions (anomaly, and isotope) and really like them both. Light Wars looks good on the screen shots as does nano fighter. I would not be too surprised if I wind up getting all of them eventually... Man, why do I have to work? It really gets in the way of trying to play games...

11. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    GET 2079! Best game like this.

12. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I would go with Isotope. I think it offers the most content and its better all-around.

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I'd go with Isotope for depth/content and I'd also get Nano Fighter! for what IMO are perfect controls. The controls for Isotope still feel bad to me when compared to Nano, of course all my opinion.

I didn't really enjoy Anomaly, kinda wished I had just stuck with Nano Fighter and Isotope.