Do you expect a MFI Controller presentation on the next event?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PresidentZer0, Oct 19, 2013.

1. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Do you expect a MFI Controller presentation on the next event?

Will you get a controller? If yes, do you prefer a wrap around or a single device.

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep - i think they will and I'd prefer a single device.

3. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    It'd be awesome if Apple made an official game controller that's compatible across all iOS devices and maybe even Apple TV. Steam is making their own controller and even Samsung has their own game controller for the S4. It would also be great to show 3rd-party manufacturers how to make this particular accessory, sort of like the SmartCover for the iPad and the Bumper case for the iPhone 4.

However, I don't think we're going to see an official game controller from Apple next Tuesday. Firstly because we haven't heard any rumors or seen any part leaks for an Apple game controller. Secondly, iOS 7 game controller support is still a bit weak, and of course Apple wouldn't show an official controller that only works for a few games, and then goes on to explain which games support controllers and which doesn't.

Moreover, I don't think Apple wants to brand the iPad solely as a gaming device, but more as a productivity device; so the chances for an official Apple keyboard cover is more than an Apple gaming controller accessory I think. Just like the keyboard cases market, I believe Apple will leave the controllers market for the 3rd party manufacturers.

What I could see happening on Tuesday is showing a game demo for the new iPad 5 or iPad Mini 2, that also showcases some game controllers from Logitech and MOGA.

4. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    #4 PresidentZer0, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    What I also really hope is somehow an updated lightning hdmi, because it lags. And also 16:9 support per default.

Maybe they will surprise us with a few dews that will update their games with controller support. Like gta, modern combat series and so on.... I know I am dreaming but I hope it happens.

I watches the dev video for the controllers and they said it takes only two hours to add controller support...

5. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I want to see more single device controllers. I'm not too keen on wrap-arounds. They can make the iPhone screen look small... With the huge gaps between where the screen ends.. And the button placement. A bit like that fake Logitech controller we saw.

6. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I want a universal one.

I dont want to buy loads of controllers