Universal Deep Under The Sky (by Sarah Northway)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Balders

Balders Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Only just started this one but enjoying it so far. Wild style!

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Any one else getting weird hard drive errors? It won't save my game. Also it's super annoying if you press anywhere on the screen except the little corner, a menu comes up asking if id like to resume. Other than that fantastic game!!

3. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    This annoying pop up menu only happens in the first few levels, if I remember correctly
    No drive errors here
    Game saving fine

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #64 rIcHrAnDoM, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    No errors here. If there is one thing the devs could do it's make the action button bigger or a touch anywhere to launch would be great, (ok two things ;) ) also a second set of GC leaderboards for #of jellies launched would be grand. Those would only compliment an already stunning work of art.

Edit; it appears that after a few levels you can indeed tap anywhere on the screen as the action command :)

5. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I think is a bug or something... For me the ''touch anywhere'' state, happens when i start a level, i go back to the map, then select a level from there and start to play... After this for the rest of the levels is ''touch anywhere'' (i haven't finish the game so i am not sure if this happening everywhere) but for sure i prefer a bigger button specially on iPad and if the dev don't make touch anywhere to shoot, at least give us a right/left hand option for the button (i am more accurate with my right hand)...
    As for the game totally love it in every aspect! Great work!

6. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    This is the only negative I can list in the game
    The single touch gameplay mechanic doesn't really call for, or need a "button" at all.
    I do like the visual representation showing what mode comes next, but that doesn't require a "button".

I'd much rather see just an overall tap anywhere for action with a small visual rep. in the bottom corner, and a small pause in the upper right.

And as I mentioned earlier, after several levels touch anywhere is introduced. I believe it is only available once the third tap mechanic which allows you to slide is introduced - but I'm not positive because I've gotten used to always tapping in the bottom left now (but would prefer not to have to).

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This beautiful indie masterpiece was just featured on Pocket Gamer as one of the "10 best releases of August". I couldn't agree more.

8. erdiferik

erdiferik Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Sale. Rare sale :) A buck...