Finally got around to downloading GBA for iOS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JCho133, Feb 20, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    So yeah, as the title reads, I finally got around to it. I never played most of the core GameBoy games when I had one, sticking to Pokemon, Mario, Spider-Man, TMNT and Backyard Sports (yep, not even Zelda graced my GBA screen).

So anyone care to help me out? I'm obviously gonna replay the pokemons so I downloaded those again.

At the moment I have also downloaded Advanced Wars, Advanced Wars 2, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Rouge Spear (which has turned out to be pretty awesome), Fire Emblem, and Mother 3. I already have that Zelda game where there's 4 Links on my DSi, what are the others?

Any recommendations will help, I'm super pumped to finally play Advanced Wars, if I had realized that it had so many games I would have downloaded it sooner!

Any recommendations are much appreciated ;)

(Wait why am I playing GBA games? Bug Heroes 2 is out!)

2. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    The emulator is very nice, but without filters, it looks really bad on ipad. I'll stick with Retroarch and the VBANext core (jailbreak). The features in this emulator are very nice, and it runs very smooth. Excellent option for non jailbreakers. Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission are great, and don't forget about Golden Sun and Fire Emblem, oh, and Castlevania.........too many awesome GBA games.........

3. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Well for Zelda on GBA there's Four Swords (which you have on your DSi) and that has A Link to the Past bundled along with it, Minish Cap, and ports of Zelda and Zelda II. For GBC, if you're interested, there's Link's Awakening DX, and the Oracles games. Those are all pretty fun and should keep you busy a while

4. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Alright thanks, I'll check those out. I haven't even booted up advanced wars yet but I have a feeling that will keep me occupied for a while... Especially since the next 3 weeks (including tonight) have some awesome releases on iOS

5. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    FFVI

JK!

Kingdom hearts and several Super Mario games.

Have you tried installing Nintendo DS emulator too?

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    No I haven't o_O

Does it need a jailbreak?

7. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013

Nope.

They also made it so i guess it's safe. :D

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm back into my emulators. It's worth googling top 50 gba games as there's quite a few sites with lists and reviews to look at. The gba had a ton of great games. I think it also plays original gameboy (.gb) games as well

9. Panda Rascal

Panda Rascal Active Member

Feb 13, 2014
    The original gameboy Mario! I so miss that game!

10. FuurinRei

FuurinRei Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    #10 FuurinRei, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    All the Pokemon games.. I own all the main series game legit and they are a must play.

Though don't except to trade or migrate any Pokemon. (unless you buy the carts)

Other good games are Golden Sun, Harvest moon.. Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Mario, Final Fantasy, etc

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #11 JCho133, Feb 20, 2014
    Guys read the top haha, I've already played the Mario Gb, GBC, and GBA games. As well as Pokemon. Fire Emblem was one of the first I downloaded

Thanks for everything else though. I looked at Harvest Moon originally but wasn't interested. Forgot about Metroid and castlevania though

12. FuurinRei

FuurinRei Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
  13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #13 Cilo, Feb 20, 2014
    Zelda Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Ninja Five-O - you'll never be able to find a cart copy of this game which is sad because it is one of the best arcade platformers. I have no shame in playing the rom, but I wish I could play this on my GBA SP
    Mega Man Zero
    Mario Golf Advance Tour
    Metroid Fusion
    Metroid Zero Mission

All three Castlevanias are pretty good, Harmony of Dissonance is great but I sunk a lot of hours into Aria of Sorrow as the soul system made you want to clear to 100%.

14. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    this is really tempting. :-(

15. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    I'll try this one this weekend. Hopefully, it would still work!

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Advanced Wars 2 was my favorite GBA cart when i had the NDSL. A darker story behind the familiar tactics gameplay of Advanced Wars 1, plus the addition of game-changing heroes made AW2 so.

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Metroid games, the Megaman Zero series... There are lots of great GBA games, but also some great GB games. Both Super Mario Lands are quite cool.