We Rule: Red?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TexRob, May 14, 2010.

1. TexRob

TexRob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    What the heck is this? I just got a notification to download it, when I launched We Rule. I can't tell what is different about it from the description and it appears to have reviews for the existing We Rule.

Anyone?

2. rogerchiu

rogerchiu Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Assistant Manager
    Hong Kong
    YOu got 10 more mojo in this version.

3. bald one

bald one Member

Oct 16, 2009
    We Rule Red

Info and thoughts on Red:

1) It will place a 2nd We Rule icon app on your iphone. It will have a little red banner on it.

2) This icon will connect to your same kingdom as before.

3) Every time you launch We Rule Red, it will ask you if you want to download "We Rule Red" (again). That is stupid of course and you will not be able to download it again for more mojo.

4) The only difference I have noticed so far is that it does seem to load faster. What i notice specifically is the 'Welcome back player" banner that drops down when loading drops down sooner than before and the game loads faster overall.

5) The "News" tab still is chiming about the New Smithy and Sword, so I interpret that to mean that those are still the latest "game content" updates and "Red" must therefore just be a change to the "game engine". It could also be a fix to how and which servers the game connects to.

6) I deleted the old app icon AFTER dowloading Red, and the new app icon still connects me to my kingdom.

7) I have played other games that do the same thing (Turf Wars). They release a "new app" when they have made significant changes to the game engine. Deleting the old app icon was/is part of the process (but not necessary).

8) One small change in game logistics i have noticed is that when you go to the "land tab" to expand your kingdom, it does not start you at the beginning of the lands you have already purchased. Instead it goes right to your next non-purchased land upgrade.

9) Side scrolling to go to other kingdom's is smoother. It used to "stutter" and sometimes not be responsive to touch.

10) Going in and out of other kingdoms does not crash the game as easily as before. It used to crash after I went in and out of 2-3 kingdoms. I just went in and out of 7 kingdoms in a row before it crashed.

11) Strangely though, I still sometimes connect to "So and So's Kingdom" in We Rule Red, obviously a developer alpha kingdom. It just shows the game screen icons with a blacked out kingdom. The thing I am most curious about is the icon of a king/ruler with a question mark on his head, I do not have that in my normal game. Please post about this if you know anything.

I hope this helps.

If so, come visit my kingdom of over 170 shops :)

Plus+: BaldOne

4. AJ67184

AJ67184 New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Thanks BaldOne

Thanks for the advice about We Rule Red. Downloaded it just this morning. Runs smoother...doesn't crash as often.

Plus+: AJ67184

5. orangecheese15

orangecheese15 New Member

May 14, 2010
    thanks bald one!

that was very helpful. the guy with the beard(#10) is the guy who helps beginners by giving them basic challenges and teaching them how to buy houses and farms and stuff. I've been taken to soandso's kingdom a lot too.

6. simerdwnow

simerdwnow New Member

May 14, 2010
    Hey BaldOne,

Good info! Must be a major upgrade and they couldn't just do an update. Hopefully it better but if not at least some free mojo.

Just added you as a kingdom!

If anyone wants to check my place out you are most welcome. My username is:

simerdwnow

7. ApolloSF

ApolloSF New Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Pretty sure the only reason they do this is so they can get themselves back on top of the top50 list. It's pretty shady imo.

8. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Maybe that's the reason why this version has been released. However, I don't really think so. There are so many players now worldwide that it generates its own momentum. Also they did the same with Touch Pets Dogs. Every so often a new version of Touch Pets Dogs was released which if you downloaded and launched it gave you 10 free dog food. Then after a while the free app switched to a paid one. It was a way for them to offer smaller and cheaper dog food packs that more people would be likely to purchase than the larger more expensive ones. They still do it for that game although they have removed the majority of the previously released Touch Pets Dogs apps from the AppStore.

The message in the game telling you about the We Rule Red game also says that the offer won't be free for long. So download now as I suspect it will soon switch to being a paid version of We Rule. It's a way of offering a smaller, cheaper, more affordable, more likely to be purchased Mojo pack to players. People who download now get a bonus over those who wait. Download now and it is free. Wait and We Rule Red will likely turn into a paid app.

9. derksg

derksg New Member

May 5, 2010
    Same here, the new red version seems to load quicker and also crashes less often when visiting my friends to place orders..

The other explanation of the top 50 list and switch paid apps seem probable too, tho it's kinda sneaky! Lol..

Anyways, do add me to your friends list, I'll add you back too! Visit my kingdom to order stuff, I've built a lot of shops of all types!

Username: derksg

10. ApolloSF

ApolloSF New Member

Mar 22, 2010
    All of that stuff could have and should have been done through an update. Them adding more versions of what is essentially the same thing to the store is just spam. There is no technical reason why they need to be doing this way. The way I see it, We Rule regular is no longer in the top 50. They release this and get everyone that is still playing We Rule to redownload what iTunes sees as a completely new game and it shoots them back to the very top of the Top 50 list. Shady practice.

11. gs6419

gs6419 New Member

May 17, 2010
    waiting orders

I have 2 tailers 1 mining and 1 lumber hill but nobody is giving any orders to me.think nobodies is seing me. Any advice????
    plus+: gs6419

12. brewersblackbird

brewersblackbird New Member

May 17, 2010
    California
    Thank you BaldOne and others!

I have never visited anyone's shops before, so I'll try that now.

Plus+: Pamela17