Ipad 2?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mene, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Hi guys,

long time fan of the site, I have a 4th gen ipod touch and next month is my 50th bday, I've found out my family have saved together and have bought me an Ipad 2 (wow!, never expected anything like that)

But having found this out I'm worried that my new toy will be obsolete before I even open it next month, as the Ipad 3 is out now.

What will be the gaming life of the Ipad 2? are we going to see Ipad 3 only games in the next month or 2?

Thanks for any info on this.

2. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    You should be fine with the iPad 2. It's still going to be relevant for quite some time. There won't be many iPad 3 exclusive games. There will be some, but I wouldn't worry about those. The iPad 2 is incredible.

3. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    The iPad 2 will continue to run games smoothly since it doesn't support retina or HD graphics. Tons of games run perfect on the 2 :), don't worry at all, you're set for a long time.

4. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Do not worry at all. The iPad 2 is still a beast in iOS space. And frankly, might just perform better than at least iPad 3 considering it will not have to push out as many pixels as iPad 3. Also, iPad 2 looks really good. Retina display on iPad 3, while looks great, does not render iPad 2 obsolete in any way.

I am sure that there will be no Exclusive iPad 3 games at all. Any iPad 3 exclusive, with retina graphics will run smoothly without retina graphics on iPad 2 easily. So you shouldn't worry about it. Have fun with your iPad :)

5. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    The more information I read the more I feel convinced that the iPad 2 is actually better for gaming than the new iPad.

6. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    iPad 2 is no slouch even with the new one I think the second might still be a bit faster in real world use. 3rd has the retina screen which I'm sure is probably very impressive but from what I've read comes with a cost, one example is I've read a few comments that say it takes forever to charge with it's much larger battery.

I'd be content with the second it's still apples thinnest, lightest tablet and I can't see any games really pushing it hard.

7. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    I still have the very first iPad and still incredibly happy with it ... so don't feel like you will be missing out with an iPad 2, it is a great bit of kit! :D

8. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    There is a difference between iPad 2s and 3s...but it doesnt matter unless you play games and read books/comics.

9. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Uhm yes, the main thing I want it for is games but seeing the other posts it seems the ipad 2 will be good for games for a long time. excellent :)

Thanks everyone