Retro Castlevania Type game in development ,1st Screenshots of it!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AnarKitty, Aug 31, 2012.

1. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Always interested in games like this; looking forward to giving this a look as soon as possible! :)

2. CrunchyGamer

CrunchyGamer Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    I think that badly drawn graphics in Paint are not Retro... I donĀ“t like those graphics, at all; if the game is good, you should upgrade them, they look careless and made in a hurry.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well to be fair those graphics are better than your last effort, but still not great.

I'm hoping gameplay will be good, would like to see a gameplay video first. Be interesting to see if Apple pass this once you submit it.

I'm sure you are good at coding the games, but i still think you need to find some graphics person. I will give it a fair chance if it comes out but some of those screenshots are a bit bizarre, people floating in midair/lots of crazy colours etc !

4. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I would have to agree with some of the other comments. I'm certainly not saying this was the case but the graphics do look like they were made in a rush. Just my opinion.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Doesnt look retro, but if the gameplay's good then i'll bite.

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Sorry, but I have to agree with this one.

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Thanks for the gameplay video. :)

8. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I thought you used DisplayRecorder. Now I'm wondering... What program did you use?

9. bknifefight

bknifefight Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Are you planning on using these as the final game graphics? The animations are really clunky, too. If these are temp graphics, please disregard this, but it is a major turn off for me on this project.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah i'm torn on this one, i'm still finding the graphics quite bizarre, better than his last effort which Apple rejected, but hmmm.

But yeah its about gameplay so i may give this a chance unless its at some crazy price.

But i wish this dev would try to get someone else to do the graphics, again i would love to have the skills just to create an app so he has talent, but on the graphic side of it he has to find someone to work with.