Big Fish New Years Sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by CygnetSeven, Jan 3, 2014.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    #1 CygnetSeven, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    On iPad, in the AppStore app, how do you see ALL apps made by a developer/publisher? When pressing the developer apps button it'll only show you 15-20 or so items for iPad and iPhone. I know I can use AppZapp, but surely Apples own AppStore app gotta be able to display a devs/publisher products somehow?

3. Mary2124

Mary2124 Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Just do a search for the developer in the App Store, in this case big fish games.

4. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Thanks. Yea that kinda works. But it'll mix in apps by other pubs/devs as well, and no proper sorting options (sorting by name, paid or free, system etc).

I wonder why Apple is cracking down on apps that makes browsing the AppStore so much faster and easier, and provides basic features as....showing new apps. And the above mentioned thing. Big Fish had to release an app to browse their apps, just noticed that one now, gonna give that one a try. :)

5. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Bought a couple and decided to take the plunge on the newest mystery case files game. I love that series and it's awesome we get to revisit Madame fates carnival!

6. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    After being spoiled by a Big Fish Christmas sale which offered all games, including collector's editions, for 99 cents a couple of years ago, I hardly consider this a real sale.

7. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    I have the first two Drawn games. Haven't started playing the first one yet. But, how's the third game? Good, bad? Does the series have some overarching story thing going on?

8. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Yeah I agree I only bought the ones that are .99 except the MCF one. The non collectors edition games are all .99 iphone versions of course

9. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
  10. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    That's because the interpreting software replaces everything (like "artist") with "app" even when it's not an app. Just quote the link to get the original text, or cut and paste the text instead of clicking on it, and you'll be good to go.

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Oh yes, I can do it now. Thanks for your help, dclose.

12. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    any games worth getting? NON-Hidden Object

Any games worth getting? that are NOT hidden object games..like

-My Life Story
    -Life Quest 1 or 2
    -Time Builders Caveman or The TimeBuilders Pyramid
    -Virtual Villagers
    -Cooking Academy

or any others??? :confused:

Also do alot of there paid games still have ADS?

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Fairway Solitaire is awesome. Picking up Avalon Solitaire.

14. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #14 Coldar, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    All the paid games I've played on the iPad by Big Fish that I can remember have the ads within the title screen only and its blended in so its not so obtrusive. I can't ever think of any game that had an ad surface afterwards. Course this could change or possibly I just never played one (and I've played tons) that does otherwise.

15. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Fairway Solitaire was awesome, them they got greedy and destroyed a fantastic game with loads of IAP's. :mad:

I've been playing Avalon HD on my iPad and although it does have IAP's as well it is not yet in the sad state Fairway is presently in. I'll be honest I was a huge fan of Big Fish for a long time and played Fairway Solitaire since the original release for iPad, the changes that game received and amount of IAP crap that was added completely turned me off from the company, I was incredibly hard pressed to hit the buy button for Avalon but here's hoping they don't screw this one up.

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #16 pluto6, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    Avalon Solitaire is very good. I think it does not have the popularity that Fairway Solitaire has, so it has not had all the "updates." I don't have the old Fairway Solitaire backed up unfortunately. I still play it occasionally, but IAPs have ruined it.

The "up to 50% off" is literally that - "up to"... Meaning many of the games will be less than 50% off. I like many of their HoGs - but many are also not so great, and at $3-4 a pop for the iPad versions, I will be looking very carefully at what, if any I purchase for this "sale". I still find that the older ones are still some of the best out there - although 13th Skull, Phatansmat, and Otherworld are all excellent ones. Of the older ones, I love the Drawn Series the best - but only got the first and second - I can't comment on the 3rd.

If anyone finds some exceptional values - please post them - there are hundreds of Big Fish Games to go through, and it is a pain sorting through them on the iTunes Store.

Uggghhh.....
    Using Appshopper filters the iPad price drops are still too rich for my blood. Regular Hogs from $4.99 to $3.99 and Collector editions drop from $6.99 to $4.99. No sales for me.

17. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Thanks for recommended, it's an awesome game

18. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    What comes extra in a Collector's Edition?

19. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    They have some match 3 games that looks pretty good,

Jewel Legends: Tree of Life (iPhone/HD)
    Jewel Legends: Atlantis (iPhone/HD)

And probably others as well?

---------

I wish they would stop releasing the IAP version first, and later the Full versions. I'm sure it's a great business strategy for BF, but definitely not from a consumer perspective.. :/

20. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Not all the games will offer all these features, but you can generally expect a strategy guide, an extra short story after completing the main game, wallpapers, concept art.