Earthquake Game: would you play this?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mootPlus2, May 8, 2011.

?

Earthquake Game: would you play one?

1. Yes this is fun and satirical!

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. No this is horribly distasteful!

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. This is distasteful but I would play it anyway!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mootPlus2

mootPlus2 Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Thinking of making an iPhone game where the objective is to destroy a city with earthquakes.

The theme is fun and friendly and plays off the old fable, The Three Little Pigs. You will play as the Big Bad Wolf and use Super Science Villany to destroy a city of straw, wood and brick piggy houses with an Earthquake Machine.

Would you play something like this or is this horribly distasteful?

2. Will011

Will011 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    I voted yes... but it needs to be better than something like godzilla or whatever the app is called

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Provided it isn't blatantly referencing any real events, sure... no reason not to have earthquakes in a game.

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Living in California, which is earthquake country, the thought of a real one is terrifying, but games being games, I don't see why ther can't be one! Personally, I don't care for the corny premise of the three little pigs, but an epic catastrophic destruction scenario with the earth cracking open swallowing people, buildings crashing down, tidal waves ravaging the populace, your iphone vibrating, gore galore, all done realistically with awesome graphics sounds excellent to me! Don't quite know how to incorporate that into a game, but that's for someone else to figure out! I say do that!

5. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Seems like a fun idea. I would avoid people in the game, as that might turn off potential buyers. But I like the idea of having natural and unnatural disasters at your disposal to raze a city to the ground.

6. mootPlus2

mootPlus2 Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback guys.

We're trying to stay away from anything with overly realistic themes to detach ourselves from real life events such as Japan and etc.

Graphically we are going for a pixel art style similar to old 16bit and 8 bit games. The good old retro feel!

I'll post up some screen shots and game play information when we get a bit further into production!

In the mean time you can follow us on Twitter or Facebook @anomalousint or facebook.com/anomalousinteractive

7. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

I see no reason not to have a game based around earthquakes. There are games available based on almost every conceivable notion, why should earthquakes be shunned?

As long as the game is fun everything else doesn't really matter much.

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, I totally agree. We are politically correcting ourselves into a corner. Soon, you'll probably not have any shooters of humans or animals, hack 'n' slash games, blood and gore, or anything that anyone gets offended by in they're opinion! Are we getting that sensitive? Are all the games that'll be left gonna be Tetris games, crossword, sudoku, trivia games, (but keep it clean 'cause we're watching you!) simple puzzles, etc.? At a time where it seems on one hand we're becoming like the wild west where people spew the nastiest things at one another online while hiding behind their computers with no repercussions, at the same time other forms of expression like video game genres are becoming taboo? Some people don't realize games aren't supposed to be taken seriously! It's about fantasy, pure fun, out of reality e.g.-it's not real! What's next, a gizmo that erases thoughts in your head that aren't exactly the same thing that every single other person agrees with? Seem like we're losing our rights here as well as the right to think freely on our own! Is this what we want? Just wondering....Maybe some people think we need to all be clones of each other, walk around in a daze. Agree with everyone always and be happy forever!