Best Website / Blog Providers?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Stingman, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Stingman

Stingman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Hello fellow game devs,

I'm looking to create a new website / blog and it's a bit overwhelming trying to research this information as there are dozens upon dozens of different options with thousands of templates to choose from.

Here's what I'm after : A professional, easy-to-customize template that requires little to no coding. It's not that I can't write the code. I just don't want to spend the time doing so when there are so many services out there that are plug and play. Word Press seems like it's the most commonly used, but then it's all about finding a good template to choose from. If anyone can chime in on what they think is the best provider for a website & blog to showcase our projects and one that we can easily update and talk about what we're working on that would be very helpful. Any template referrals would be great too!

Price isn't much of an issue. I'm most concerned with finding a professional service that's easy to update and customize with little to no coding. I currently have hosting/domain registration through GoDaddy but it's full html every time I want to update everything and it's too time consuming. After all we'd rather spend our time programming games right?

I'd love some feedback on what others use and their experiences.

2. fgl_sam

fgl_sam Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Engineer
    Norwich, UK
    wordpress

Why not wordpress? It's really simple, but entirely customisable and very robust.

You CAN use plugins, themes, etc, but you can very easily do it all yourself if you're handy with PHP.

3. Stingman

Stingman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    yup, it seems I can get by with basic script modifications. Wordpress seems like it will be great. Gonna give it a shot