iPhone Space Food Truck (by One Man Left)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Nov 3, 2016.

1. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    *Ahem*.....just in case you missed my post above! ^^^^^ #

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Thanks for clarifying onemanleft.

3. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    @ dev about difficulty,thats great news!

4. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

We'll definitely look into this in the following week.

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I'm having problems with crashing - every time I try to look at the discard piles it crashes (either by taping at the cards icon in the top right or on the discard pod thing). Other than that it's working though!

6. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    #26 Mince0, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Me too my iPads still on 9.0.2 due to jailbreak (all for extra icons on homescreen etc no dodgyness) I have this game on steam and it's great, perfect fit for iPad.

7. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Thank you for the clarification. I still wish Outwitters could be played against AI....SIGH!!!

8. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    As I said in my email, that's great news - thanks very much, can't wait!

9. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    Has anyone bought the game and played a few rounds? If so, I'd like to hear initial impressions before I buy the game.

10. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    What are the minimum iPad specs? Will it run decently (or at all) on the original iPad retina?

11. guzhenjie1

guzhenjie1 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    I bought it and played for a few hour, and I think it's a great board game. This game is difficult, but I think the challenge is great to keep us away from being bored.

12. TheIronBeagle

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    Ok thanks! Taking the plunge and downloading now. Glad to see that the RNG was fixed and you can adjust the difficulty level according to what you want, which were my two major concerns.

13. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I played a few rounds. I watched the basics video but found it easier to play and learn what happens as I go along. It takes awhile but it starts to fall together. Its well done and looks to be pretty deep. Since there are no timers, etc you can just putter along at your own pace until you start to figure it all out.

14. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks for the impressions, guys. Is there a (cross-platform) matchmaking system for co-op, or is it only a friend system, especially given the asynch?

15. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    The game is pretty laggy on ipad3

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #36 LordGek, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    I sadly forgot how awesome this game was from when I purchased it on Steam ages ago. So stoked to finally have it on iOS. :D

I really love how each crew member has such distinct but vital roles to perform and how you can easily run into situations where the chef, who at least in my experience tends to be the real money maker of the crew, is the only guy who can easily enough afford a card your engineer really needs. If you do allow your chef to get it then you'll need to figure out how to get it to the engineer once it pops up in a future hand of the chef.

17. TheIronBeagle

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    I think the chef is one of the best characters for deck building, due to his ability to destroy cards with taste test. You can get a high value/power deck growing as soon as he gets a few ingredients.

18. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Crashes every time I try to cook with the chef. It wouldn't be so bad if the game restarted from the crash point but the game starts from the captains turn. Not sure if it is a memory issue but they need to update the requirements as the game is close to unplayable on an iPad 3. Considering requesting a refund unless the devs have plans to fix the listed issues.

19. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    This is a really nicely produced game, I got sucked in for 2 hours on my first open of the app. Thank you!! It did help that I watched a total biscuit play though, the time the 5 min intro vid..... but it's not too tricky for anyone with deck builder experience. Well worth the money in my opinion and might actually be the first game I try to get the board game group to try digitally with pass and play.

20. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So as a team player I guess others should feel free to drop off their garbage with the chef as he's the most adapted to clearing crap out of his deck?