Universal ROME: Total War (By Feral Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. AlexBi

AlexBi Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Discount!

Today is in discount: 8 € (in Europe) instead 10
    My objective is pay this game 5 euros but now is an option even 8 euros :)

2. jith_feral

jith_feral Active Member

We're happy to look into an Android version :)

3. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Quick question, how can I save a game, or load a saved game? I cannot find the settings and load screen once I am playing....

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Hopefully the dev might see this and can reply. But I vaiguely remember this and I posted about it right at the start. From what I remember I think this may be occurring when you play on from the tutorial? If you've just continued the tutorial then I think this happens. It's not normal in anything play session.
    Otherwise I'm pretty sure the same is located behind one of the buttons up in the top left corner from memory. Top left corner, and then maybe middle of screen somewhere. It's been too long...

5. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Three finger touch on the screen will bring up the options/save/load etc.

6. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Thanks, the 3 finger thingy did he trick.

Another question, is there a way to see what each future building will give me? I see that I can see ehat will I be bale to contruct, but for example if I have a temple and I long press on the temple veesion level 3 that I would be able to construct, I dont see he details for that.

7. ellie_feral

ellie_feral Well-Known Member

1. Open a Settlement
    2. Swipe left on the Settlement Details panel
    3. There you'll see the Building Browser. You'll see all the buildings you can build in the Settlement, and long press on each to get the info you're looking for.

Let me know how it goes!

8. Mossip27

Mossip27 New Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Merge Units?

Firstly, excellent app! Spent many a long night playing Rome Total War on my desktop and laptop over the years, delighted to see it on ipad in all its glory.

One question I have is how do I merge depleted units?

9. Devoid21

Devoid21 Active Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Extremely happy with Rome and it's expansion on the iPad. Any plans on releasing Medieval II on the iPad? I could happily retire to a secluded life with my iPad if there is #

10. Larrymissouri

Larrymissouri New Member

May 10, 2017
    #210 Larrymissouri, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    How do I change the facing, formation of a unit on Rome Total War Ipad??

I admit I'm hooked on this game. Started over ten years ago with my PC. Now, it's finally on my IPAD Pro and I still love it and can take it with me. So, how do I change a unit's formation? Watching the short video provided does not answer any questions, aside from moving a unit from on place to another without changing facing, formation etc. I try all the things they show using two fingers and all I get is a unit being twisted in a circle and with a very narrow frontage and it ends-up totally different from what I was trying to do. As a major history buff for decades, using strategies that the Romans used is a blast, but I'm having one-heck-of-a-time moving my units around the way I'd like. Perhaps it's a "touch screen" issue, but this seems far more complicated than moving with a mouse pointer. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I've read comments from people who seem to have no problems with moving and changing formations, so perhaps I'm missing something that's right in front of me.

11. Devoid21

Devoid21 Active Member

Mar 23, 2013
    I have no problem moving units. What do you mean when you say changing formation? What do you want to do with your units?

12. Devoid21

Devoid21 Active Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Not able to download latest update. It shows in the AppStore but it only says open and not download. So it seems it's up to date but I haven't downloaded the lates version yet. Anyone else with the same problem?

13. ellie_feral

Great to hear it! To answer your question, first arrange two depleted units to be in a single army and then drag the first depleted unit onto the second. If the combined amount of troops is higher than a single full unit, then it will fully restore the second unit while keeping the remaining troops in the first unit.

Awesome, happy to hear it. Medieval II on iPad is a great idea, but we haven't announced any plans for it. We'll let you know if it happens.

1. Select the unit whose formation you want changed.
    2. Using two fingers, tap and hold (2-3 seconds) in the spot where you want the top of your formation to start. Beneath your fingers you will see two purple dots indicating that you are shaping the formation.
    3. Without breaking contact with the screen, slide your fingers in the direction in which you want your formation to end. Sliding your fingers away from the starting point will make the troop line wider, but less in-depth. Sliding your fingers closer to the starting point will make your troop line narrower, but more in-depth.
    4. While setting the formation shape, you can change the direction your formation faces by circling your fingers around the starting point.

^ Let me know if that works for you.

How much space do you have on your device? Maybe you don't have enough. It's also worth restarting your device. If that doesn't work, please email [email protected] and the team there will talk it through with you and figure it out.

I also have a couple of things to share with you all. Firstly, as many of you know, a big patch has been released for both ROME: Total War and Barbarian on iPad. It contains:

* The option to select a larger unit size to that recommended for their device. Doing so may reduce performance, but players can prioritise unit size if they wish. For example, if the device recommends a unit size of 40 troops per unit, it can be bumped up a notch to 80 troops per unit. This option is found in the iOS Settings app.
    * The option to run 3D battles at half-speed, giving players more time to refine their tactics.
    * The option to play the game in Russian.
    * Optimisation for the new 2017 iPad (5th Generation).
    * Further improvements to stability.

The patch contains a number of features you (the community) have requested, so thanks for your feedback, it's always very welcome.

Secondly, Total War player Lionheart interviewed our ROME iPad designers with a host of questions, including questions you've put to us. Lionheart's video of the recording is now up: do take a look! :)

14. 4Xgames

4Xgames Active Member

Feb 10, 2016
    May 31st update?

Your message memtions a recent update to Rome Total War (RTW) on iPad. I have not seen an update and do not have the new ability to change unit size. Looking at the RTW version number on the RTW options page on my iPad it lists my version as 1.9. Looking at the app store for the May 31st patch it lists the new version number as 1.7.3! There are no new updates waiting to be applied for my iPad apps.

Please help me understand how I can get the latest iPad version of RTW.

Thanks,

15. Tucker

Tucker Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Game needs a "how to play for dummies" I tried the tutorial and gave up, don't even remember where it was just confusing or I did something wrong.

16. Devoid21

Devoid21 Active Member

Mar 23, 2013
    I'm having the same issue but just figured it out. The latest update now requires iOS 10.2 and up. Since I'm in 9.3 it doesn't show for me. Probably could be the same for you. This is really frustrating since now If I want the latest update features I would have to update my iOS version, something that isn't and option right now for me. ##

17. Devoid21

Devoid21 Active Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Is there any reason why you guys stop supporting lower iOS versions? It's kinda frustrating that I can't update because I don't have the latest iOS. Not everyone has or wants to update to the latest iOS versions. After paying a premium price for this game, to lose support for it so soon...

18. ellie_feral

To anyone having trouble finding the update, please note that the ROME patch needs iOS 10.2 or newer. iOS 10 is full of improvements we needed for this patch. You can continue playing ROME on your older OS, but for the new features you'll need the new OS.

19. Apolo101

Apolo101 New Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Same issue with IOS 10.3

Hi,

I have the same problem. My IOS version is 10.3. However i can't change units size and units are very small (25 men per unit average). In game it says that my version is 1.9, when apple store says new version is 1.7.3. I have an ipad pro 2 10.5

20. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    To anyone wondering even though it says it needs iOS 10, it still runs on iOS 9.