Mass "What Should I Get?" Thread (2012 - 2017)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zincous, Dec 25, 2011.

?

What device to get?

Poll closed May 30, 2013.
  1. iPod Touch

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. iPad

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. iPad Mini

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I can't seem to find this game in the AppStore right now, but there was a 2d "demon/dark soul-ish" game called Dragon Slayer that came out a while ago. I never played those games so I can't be certain how close it is...but this iPhone game was pretty fun and got real hard later stages. http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=89751

Don't know if The Bards Tale is your style...but I'm currently enjoying that a lot. Not real loot..and it feels like a streamlined arpg.. It's a port of an older Xbox/PC game.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Anyone? I need answers :p

3. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    MotoHeroz and On the Wind for sure.

Gunman Clive and Rinth are also really good.

4. arneeee

arneeee New Member

Mar 25, 2012
    'ZiGGURRat was one of my favorits the last months. Nice casual and addictive gameplay in form of a high score game.

5. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Thx for the suggestions, seems like dragon slasher got pulled tough :( .

6. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    Okay, so I have 840 creds on FreeMyApps, and I'm wondering whether I should get Amoebattle, Max Payne or GTA III. I know GTA III is worth about 500 points more than I have right now, but I'm willing to save it if it's worth the extra points. Thanks

7. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Go with Max Payne. Hands down best shooter on the AppStore right now, even with its minor control difficulties.

8. Manu3008

Manu3008 Active Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Hey is there something on ios that plays like motorstorm? I already have real racing 2 (gran turismo) and asphalt6 (kinda like need for speed) and if there are any other great racing games please do tell

9. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Made the mistake of getting GTAIII, and personally, I couldn't reconcile the controls. But that's me. Obviously a lot of folks loved it, but I figure if I didn't care for those controls, it's likely MP won't be much better. I used my credits for Amoebattle and couldn't be happier. Now, that's a game that really works for iOS. Takes up only a fraction of the space, has a Nintendo level of polish, and it's a blast to play.

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Somehow I'm drived off by OtW, so MH it is.

11. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth

Max Payne plays much better than GTA3. I can only play GTA3 in short bursts before getting frustrated with the controls and shooting mechanics.

Max Payne on the other hand plays like I wish GTA3 would. You can actually play the game.

12. Chopper12

Chopper12 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Crismonheart, worth it? no?

13. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Worth it. The game is pretty deep and you can't just button mash to beat the game (the game can get pretty hard). The game has a lot of content if you want to 100% collect & craft everything. You have 5 players that you can switch between (2 active at once). That said, its pretty grind heavy too and if your sick of krpg..then I'm not sure if you'd want another krpg.

I'm ~8 hours into it and feel like I'm not even half way done with the game, but I felt I've gotten way more than 0.99 cents out of it. The community for it is pretty great and friendly.

14. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Want an adventure/survival/horror game, preferably -- yes -- with zombies, but not one of those half-baked knock-offs by Gameloft, etc. Something with some semblance of a story, more than just shooting zombies, but any genre will do, really.

Whatch'all got for me?

Thanks

15. diyosdi

diyosdi Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Suggest some games for me?

could anyone suggest some games for me based on games I already like? for some reason I have trouble finding new games lol.. thanks!

Non ios games I like:
    Legend of Zelda Games (all of them)
    The Sims 2
    Kingdom Hearts
    Mortal Kombat
    Street Fighter
    Super Mario Bros 3 :p (old skooooool!)
    & I used to play a game online called Khimeros, I really like breeding sims where you can mix your pets & stuff :)

ios games I like:
    Scoops
    Terra Noctis
    KawaiiMEGU
    Doodle God
    Finger God? (I think that's what it was called, either way it was fun but the game jus was too..tiny)
    Ski on Neon
    Bean's Quest
    Getting Nuts
    Simple Physics
    Geomon
    Mighty Monsters

.. I like sims apparently lol, & big open worlds, & games where you can kinda design everything (that was the attraction to the God game w/the lil villagers but like I said, it was small & after awhile the options just got boring)

I also really like kawaii art, but that's not a necessity, it'd be cool if you could suggest some of those too tho!

thanks!! :D

16. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    As far as sims go, I would recommend checking out Kairosoft's games. They have a bunch of great sims, with a lot of choices for what style you want.

17. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Pocket God [looks like the best for you], Junk Jack, SF IV volt/ King of Fighters, Swordigo, and Crazy Hedgy (probly has less to do with your selections but its an amazing 3d platformer).

18. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth

Zombie Crisis 3D parts 1,2 and 3. Part 2 has a lite version and part 3 is free. Also has a prologue version thats free as well.

19. diyosdi

diyosdi Member

Apr 16, 2012
    !

thanks y'all! will check em out..!

20. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Z-Day Survival Simulator