Introducing Clash Force! Retro-Side-Scrolling Shoot Em Up!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Clash Force, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    To add to undead, even if the core stats are not different, maybe each has a special power move of their own? I dunno: blasts shots in 8 compass directions/super-charged sprint/double-jump ability?

Would add another layer even if base stats stay the same? So far so good nonetheless, in other words.

2. Clash Force

Clash Force Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Thanks for your feedback. I agree, different abilities can be cool if done in a full-fledged way. Sonic & Knuckles for example is a game from the retro era that does this better than most.

The IAP idea of adding new characters is cool, but I'd most likely do a full fledged sequel, since the game is going to be .99 and an IAP would be. . . .99 =)

To be fair though, I think that having a variety of characters, even without different abilities, is better than nothing, which was my thought process early on. It's sort of like the evolution deniers, they ask for a missing link and when you give it to them, they say "now there's two more missing links!". In that, if I hadn't had multiple characters at all (ala megaman) nobody would be asking for them to have separate abilities =)

But I am listening to your feedback, and it is definitely something I would consider. It's just that I would want to do it right and balance the game according to those abilities, instead of just tacking it on at the end, the game is only days from being submitted to apple right now.

And if you didn't read through all that text, two points were made:

*Game will be 99 cents.
    *It will be released in the next 14 days. (It's my first submission, so the apple approval process is my wild card here)

3. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Wow! I just said the same thing in the Oceanhorn thread the other week.

I agree, if you didn't add different characters, no one would be asking for individual abilities. But when you decided to add them, that thought pretty much went out the window.

For your next game, I think a good iOS reference would be Tobe & Friends Hookshot Escape. FWIW, Mega Man Xtreme 2 had a good differentiation between characters, and it also had a good upgrade system. It was one of my favorite Game Boy/Mega Man games.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this!

4. sharpener

sharpener Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Musician
    Kowloon, Hong Kong
    this looks sweet cant wait to purchase it.

5. Clash Force

Feb 25, 2012
    Just an update, the game has been submitted to Apple, and if they finish the review process in a timely manner it will release on tuesday march 20!

Tuesday March 20!

6. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Roll on March 20th! Really looking forward to this one. :)

7. Clash Force

Feb 25, 2012
  8. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia