iPhone Space Simulator for iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by devGirl, Jun 24, 2013.

1. devGirl

devGirl New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    web developer
    Hi all,

If anyone is interested in serious space flight simulation games then do keep an eye out on Space Simulator, www.space-simulator.com, to be released end of this year. It's got real physics and real 3D flight controls for the Apollo and Shuttle missions. The screenshots are beautiful to look at. Hope you enjoy it!

[​IMG]

2. xXKaMiKaZeeXx

xXKaMiKaZeeXx Active Member

Mar 1, 2009
    This looks awesome! Been waiting for this kinda sim for a while, hopefully it's good. From the screenshot it looks pretty great so far.

3. lokiman

lokiman Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    3D models look Ok-ish but those textures and especially lighting/shading could get some serious improvements because imho even these small GPUs in iPads can handle much better graphics than presented on screenshots :) I hope you will show some improvements when the game will be ready.

Anyway, good luck with the further development ;)

4. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
  5. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Please make it an universal App!!!!

6. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Oh wow, nerdgasm time! Never heard of this one until today but I'm super excited for it! Looks incredible... looked at all the screenshots on their website... Out of this world! (Sorry!!)

7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #7 Dailon80, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Is this just on ipad or ipad and iphone. I have researched it a lot this morning and it seems
    like it may be on phone too just not sure. I hope so this sounds just like the sim I have wanted for a while now on iphone. Anyone know for sure let me know. If this is only on ipad this would be the most heart breaking mobile game news for me this year and prolly wont be topped.
    I plan on getting an ipad soon anyway but this game will not get the praise it would if it was universal. Games that are ipad only do not do as well as games that can be played on both pad and phone.

8. Baracus

Looks like universal.

From their website:
    Space Simulator IN DEVELOPMENT for iOS and Android . A realistic physics , full scale , solar system wide free roaming space simulator .Apollo program , Shuttle program and futuristic downloadable missions. Very soon available for iPad ,iPhone and selected android tablets.

9. jcarrion

jcarrion Member

Feb 23, 2015
    #9 jcarrion, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    hi guys.

Im JCarrion, the developer of Space-Simulator.

yep , Im aiming to a universal build , .. but due to time constrains , I ll release first the iPad version ( 2, 3, 4 ,air ,air2 ) , in both 32 and 64 bit
    versions.

The app runs in an iphone4 with no major probls , with quite a good framerate. Im now re-designing the UI , as simply scaling down the buttons woudlnt work ( too small ) , also , some of the text of the MFDs wouldnt fit on smaller screens, so I need to change quite a few things .

I expect the iPhone version to be ready in a month or so after the tablet version launch .
    [​IMG]

(full ipad4 retina screenshot in the spoiler )
    http://postimg.org/image/8h3nz9r9z/

feel free to ask any questions..
    Thanks ! .

10. Baracus

Hi JC.
    Thanks for dropping by! I can imagine fitting to phone sizes will be a challenge for all the on-screen info, good luck with that!

I'll be playing on an iPad for sure.
    Any idea when that will be released? Can't wait to explore this one it looks and sounds mighty impressive!
    Very obviously a labour of love. Maybe you should get a deal with NASA!!

11. jcarrion

jcarrion Member

Feb 23, 2015
    hi Baracus

Thanks!

Well , the iPad version is on the itunes aproval process , so i would say 3-4 days ( or another 10-12 days if rejected ) ..

[​IMG]

( retina screenshot -> http://postimg.org/image/fkjzjqfk7/ ).

12. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    OMG!!!! You are the MAN!!!!! Please don't give up whit the iphone version!!!! Thanks a lot for your work!!!

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thank u so much! Can't wait to give you my money this is sim I have been waiting for.

14. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    So glad you came onto the forums! Is this a straight up space sim in a free mode or more structure based with missions? I know on the website it says you can fly within the Galaxy, so does that include all the planets and poor Pluto? How many types of vessels will be available? Thank you so much for taking the time to answer, this looks like more then just an app!

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    The visuals are amazing! The missions are really cool and like another poster will there be free mode missions where you basically can explore wherever you want. Either way this is like a sim dream come true and so glad I found this now I will just have to be patient for the iphone version but this one will be worth the wait!

16. jcarrion

jcarrion Member

Feb 23, 2015
    #16 jcarrion, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    Thanks for the encouraging posts ! :

Well , the iPhone version is still on the making . It runs , but still not fast enough (15-20fps ) , ideally it should be 30 .
    Also , I had to shave a few visual goodies/effects , but overall it is the same app.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also , the GUI/ buttons need reworking .

regarding the missions mode.. yep , it comes with the apollo and shuttle spacecrafts, and in both tutorial guide , and free-roam sandbox mode

Planets ? Mercury . Venus ,Earth , Moon , Mars (phobos , deimos ) , Ceres, 3 assorted asteroirds , Jupiter , europa, ganymede ,calixto ,io ,Saturn ,titan ,enceladus ,Uranus , neptune triton, and pluto , charon , halley , a couple of kuiper belt objects and ...sedna. so plenty to explore.

but that will be in future releases..., the planets "are there" (in the app) ,but on first release the spacecrafts will have only fuel enough to go to LEO & Moon . :) , next releases will have some sort of general purpose solar system explorer vessel ( or something on those lines )

17. Truncana

Mar 18, 2013
    I'm crying... Man! You made my dreams come true!!! Waiting for iPhone 4s version!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Will there be a launch sequence example launch from earth to moon?
    For a while I have been stunned there isn't a good space flight sim there are
    good flight sims on the App Store but not that involve space flight, thanks!

19. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    You could always have unmanned missions for solar system targets :) Still a little disappointed I can't go to Io at release, but this is still something I want to try out.

And don't forget to stay up-to-date with the changing map of Ceres as Dawn gets better and better images :)

20. jcarrion

jcarrion Member

Feb 23, 2015