iPhone Panzer Corps for iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Slitherine Iain, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    In case you missed the news we are working on Panzer Corps for the iPad! We're working towards a Q3 2012 release.

Trailer (dont know how to embed it sorry!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqZZg-Tq-g&feature=player_embedded

Gameplay movie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBRJy4ojdVM&feature=player_embedded

[​IMG]

Overview
    Panzer Corps Wehrmacht is a brand new turn-based strategy game that reinvents a classic genre. Produced and developed by a team of experts and brought to perfection by a community of hundreds of fans, the game has evolved over 2 years to become what can be defined as a modern classic!

Set in World War II, Panzer Corps Wehrmacht puts the player in charge of Axis armies, taking their core force with them through the entire war. The use of combined-arms tactics requires each general to make use of the strengths and exploit the weaknesses of their opponents.

Its multiplayer mode, an improved version of Slitherine’s award winning PBEM++ system, allows players to easily find opponents anywhere in the world enjoy playing them with none of the hassle.

Panzer Corps Wehrmacht is designed to replicate the feeling of a classic wargame, but brings it up to 21st century standards and to a whole new generation of gamers.

[​IMG]

Features

- 400 unit types, divided into 19 unit classes with 20 detailed parameters to indentify units abilities, 17 terrain types affecting gameplay in various way.
    - Campaign: all 26 scenarios are combined into a large campaign tree with several entry points at various stages of the war. Depending on the outcome of each battle (decisive victory, marginal victory or defeat), the player will be faced with different challenges and progress along different parts of the campaign tree;

- Nations: all major and many minor nations are represented: Germany, Italy, Poland, France, Great Britain, USA, USSR, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands, Albania, Romania, Greece and more.

- Core units that travel with you throughout the campaign gaining experience and that can be upgraded as new weapon technologies become available. Units gain awards and heroes as they distinguish themselves.

iPad product page coming soon but for now you can see the PC page or grab the PC demo.

http://www.slitherine.com/games/panzer_corps_pc

2. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    One to watch. Judging by the way those screens murdered the forum, looks like you've already built retina support in. :p

3. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Definitely looking forward to this! I have been very impressived with Battle Academy so I know this will be a quality product.

4. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    Gameplay movie looks great, Battle Academy was well worth the money and really impressed me hopefully it will be the same case with Panzer Corps

5. astonkiller

astonkiller Active Member

Sep 29, 2010
    baker
    west sussex england
    This game on the ipad will be awesome can't wait

6. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Do you think you guys might release this (or BA) on iPhone one day? I fancy myself some deep strategy on the bus :)

Oh, and to the chap above....UTV!

7. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    We're still undecided on iPhone. Technically its probably possible but we;re concerned the UI might be too hard to use. Unless it works really well we'd rather not release it as we want to keep out 5 star ratings and happy fans! :)

8. Arzy

Arzy Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Awesome, pleased to hear you are bringing such a great wargame to iOS. Keep up the good work guys.

9. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I can get that and I would think it may need extra work on the UI, but it's a much larger market surely? I would never tote an iPad around with me but the iPhone goes with me everywhere, it would be nice to play your games on the bus, in lunch breaks and what not.

10. BigBadManiac

BigBadManiac Member

Apr 30, 2012
    x-ray Tech
    Savannah, Ga.
    Wow...looks like you revived the old PC game! ...nice job!

-BBM

11. BigBadManiac

BigBadManiac Member

Apr 30, 2012
    x-ray Tech
    Savannah, Ga.
    Wow...looks like you revived the old PC game...good job! Looks better than I remembered.

-BBM

12. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
  13. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Well I have Battle Academy to play during the wait :)

14. biancamol

biancamol Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Digital Marketing
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    i've never tried Battle Academy! is it worth it?!

watched the trailer ot Panzer Corps and i'm sure it will be a great game!

15. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    Battle Academy is absolutely worth it! It may be pricey, but you're playing the desktop game on your iPad. I love playing BA PBEM multiplayer with friends and family, and multiplayer games work cross-platform.

There's a PC & Mac demo on the Slitherine web site. Check it out for yourself, then thank me later.

:D

--DotComCTO

16. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
  17. jeannyguard

jeannyguard Member

Aug 28, 2012
    This is a awesome game.

Can you play as the allies in this game?

Also please don't price it too high. 9.99 sounds perfect

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Discovered this title 4 days ago after playing Battle Academy.
    Tried the Panzer Corps PC demo and now I'm hopelessy addicted...I wish it was already out (I like a bit better the scope and the 2D graphics over the unite level graphic of BA).
    The sounds are freaking amazing....can't wait to play during the night, headphones in ears on a retina iPad.

I really hope to see this one soon, even if I know it has been delayed a bit.

19. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Same here. Looking forward to another premium title from Slitherine, you guys rock!