Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010

1. Yup, only 3 heroes per game. Have to start a new game to play with different heroes.
    2. Each stage is endless, yes.
    3. Enable Treasure enables the IAP Treasure Trove (assuming you bought it already) it gives you infinite money, but you won't be on the leaderboards while it's active.
    4. You have to look around for them, they're spread all over the map. If you have a Scouter turret that's over level 5, I think, they'll locate 'em for you.
    5. This one's endless, BHQ is mission based and has story-driven levels, with more RPG elements.

2. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Thanks!
    It sucks I gotta erase progress to select new heroes. =/
    All upgraded stats/skills/wave number will be lost right?

3. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    I think so. The progress will be lost if you delete the Bug Heroes, but not the achievements or IAPS. Then again, i havent check out Bug Heroes in a while and maybe the latest update prevent progress from being lost.

4. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Each game starts from scratch -though unlocked items are now available. Basically its a dual stick shooter and an endless tower defense game (with some rpg elements thrown in - Bug Heroes Quest is the dual stick shooter/rpg adventure that gives the back story on these characters). So play your current game until it ends, and start anew with a different blend of characters and/or different strategies and skills used.

5. Appleisaac

Appleisaac Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Janitor/Student
    Up in Here
    Well, I would just wait until you lose this game. If you run out of food or all of your heroes die, you lose all your progress anyway (YAY).

6. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I rarely use spider, but now I'd like too. Can someone please provide with a few tips, what equipment is important when using spider? Thanks

7. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Ninja Smoke, Snare Web or whatever (use near base to boost effectiveness of defences), Night Hunter (for questing and food gathering at night. Activating is especially useful if you have Nuke. Boom, and you're fully healed. Sometimes useful for getting rid of vampire shells near the base that distract the defences), Superior Assassin (useful in almost every situation), Armor (Don't remember it's name. Sometimes it's useful to prevent pushback from flea gunners), Execute or Assassin Blade (only get if you're desperate for additional AOE abilities). Basically Spider is one of the best questing and gathering heroes, and great at supporting base defences.

8. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #4368 WCFields, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    The bug heroes legend has returned ( thanks for the tips) are you going to reclaim your title Oxynidus? What should I upgrade first?

9. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Nah, I'm just still subscribed to this topic. I haven't played in a long long time, but my blueprints are still in my head. :p

10. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    2.99....bit expensive .

11. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Huh? Isn't the app free? There's a Deluxe Version for 4.99 with all the IAPs already unlocked.

Great, great game is Bug Heroes. One of my all-time favs. Pleasant memories. :')

Need to whip this out again sometime.

12. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Haha, I remember the glory days of Bug Heroes... was so much fun to see the strategies and community it had going for it... and of course Oxynidus dominating all the leaderboards :p (still #1 on Hard Coliseum by a mile with Grasshopper...). Its amazing to think its almost been 2 years since release!

I will say that Bug Heroes is not dead yet... but that's all I can say ;)

And yes, its a shameless plug, but with the upcoming Heroes & Castles we're hoping to deliver another experience similar to Bug Heroes, with that kind of depth and strategy (probably more). Any fans of BH I think will instantly feel at home with H&C... it was a game made for the exact same audience.

13. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I'm in uk 4.99$ is 2.99£
    I thought this was a lite version and then you have to pay for the deluxe edition

14. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

We don't consider it a lite version at all... the IAPs are not consumable, its just extra heroes that you buy. Otherwise, you get everything in the free version. The prices between the 2 add up also, so if you got the free version and liked it, you wouldn't be at a disadvantage by buying the extra heroes in that version as IAP vs getting the Deluxe version outright.

15. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Ok now I understand:)

16. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

Perhaps a MOBA game with the bugs...???? :eek:

17. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    #4377 ninjackid, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Yes!!!

:D

18. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Played a bit not going to write much as everyone can try it for themselves
    A great dual stick ... something (not everyone shoots)
    Better than most dual stick shooters
    Overall 4.5 out of 5 :)

19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    ^ All I needed to see! :D

AS always I am looking forward to your upcoming release as all Foursaken Media games are 100% insta-buys regardless of price. ;)

20. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    This! FM are definitely tops on my "devs-I-always-insta-buy-from" list. :p