Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Parcheesy00

Parcheesy00 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    You have halo 4 undead!?!?!?!?!?! So lucky!:d

2. JediKnight

JediKnight Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    DUDE, COD Black Ops 2 COMES OUT TODAY!!!! YOU THINK HALO'S BETTER???

Thanks god another one of us. :D

Can you compare COD and Halo for me a bit?

3. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    It came out at midnight, I played it at my cousins all night :D

I haven't played halo 4 yet, but from what I've seen it's another halo game....

IMO, Halo usually has better storytelling/campaign, and COD has better multiplayer.

And cheers for the first weapon I get out of the box in BO2 Zombies: the Raygun :D:D

4. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Oh, *that* one...
    I always ignored the toplists, because they are not exactly, well, top. Or, to be blunt, 99% of the time filled with total rubbish.
    "Tap Campus Life" as 2nd Free for Strategy? Please...
    Appstore should introduce a category "total crap games" (sorry, "casual" is the pc word :p ) and dump all that stuff in there. I wonder if anyone at Apple ever checks if the game at least remotely matches the category.

5. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Aahhhh, the good old times... the only "allnighters" I get these days is when our toddler keeps us awake :D
    Good thing is he is already spoiled rotten with the iThingies ;)
    Who wants a politically correct, educationally valuable, pediatrically approved, development-stimulating, bio-degradable wood toy when you can have Mommy's iPhone!
    Give him a few years, and we have a new guy joining us for "StarWarfare3 - Toddler's Revenge" :p

6. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    LUCKY!! what is the wonder weapon?

7. undead.exe

undead.exe Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I'm now stuck with this image in my head that all the characters in Star Warfare are actually toddlers who have played too many video games....

...not sure how they learnt to walk and run so quickly, but their body proportions look about right o___O

8. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    I...haven't really followed the CoD series, but a major reason I follow Halo over CoD is because it's relatively easy to tell the weapons apart, since they were designed to look quite different (part of the visual appeal). In CoD, I'm under the impression that you have multiple classes of assault rifles, machine guns etc. and that just puts me off -- it'll take a while for me to remember which is which, and I'm not interested in figuring them out when they all look the same to someone who doesn't pay that much attention to real-life guns.

Another major reason I follow Halo: storyline. I've traditionally been a fan of Role-Playing Games and the fantasy genre for the same reason, and Halo's universe is further added to by novels here and there. Whether readers think they're good or not is probably another thing, but it's ultimately more than just shooting things.

9. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    That one made my day, thanks! :D

10. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    It's some sort of blast cannon..... You charge it up or something.

The galvaknuckles (melee weapon, like the Boey knife) one shot until wave 14 though, so lots of points for me!

11. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    halo 4 has better graphics

12. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Any more photoshopping projects, Jedi?

13. JediKnight

Jul 24, 2012
    DarthGuy's Deathstar
    not really

And about the storyline, the director of the dark knight rises made the story line for black ops 2, also zombies is AWESOME!!!

14. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    How is black ops 2 and halo 4?

15. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Halo 4 stays true to the classic Halo playstyle, with stunning graphics to boot.

BLOPS2 is, well, a COD game. It's graphics are mainly seen in the later singleplayer/multiplayer, because the improvements are somewhat limited. The combat is the same as it has been since COD4, but they changed to a 10-point load out system. (Each thing costs a point, allowing four perks at the loss of a grenade, for example)

I've only really played Zombies so far, and TranZit is.... Interesting.

The new Wonder weapon parts (yes, you build it) are scattered and hidden across the huge map, and there is a bus to take you around.

16. Parcheesy00

Jun 28, 2012
    right next to you
    hi undead, see that you're "swimming" around:D

17. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    Define "swimming around" >.>

There are still some active SW players on the wiki and around the place, but most of us on this particular forum have probably been playing it for too long to maintain high levels of engagement in the game for much longer. Fairly sure chatting and casual gaming is still welcome, but interests in newer/more in-depth games such as Modern Combat and Black Ops appear to be taking over, which is natural enough -- this game had a pretty good run for something which was polished for an iOS game, but still lacking in overall dynamics.

18. SuperionEXE

SuperionEXE Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Ah, yes, those newer games. I haven't been too active anywhere, really, but I'd anything I'm just anxious for a SW update or anything to keep me occupied.

19. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Same here. Anything on the SW website?

20. undead.exe

Jun 20, 2012
    ---------------------------------

To somewhat answer that, a post on Freyr forums from their marketing representative (one of the few reasons I even look there anymore)

Click here for source post

There are a few other games in development, apparently, but they're not due until sometime next year unless I'm mistaken. At this point, there's been no detail on what's included in the "Christmas update" -- I somehow doubt that we'd see wacky items such as a Santa Claus armour or a Candy Cane gun...but in the off-chance that's what we're getting, I'm gonna grab those >____>