Eliminate - Earning Credits

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by thespartan, Nov 14, 2009.

1. thespartan

thespartan Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Let me start off by saying, yes this is another eliminate thread. I was not able to find this information anywhere else.

Does anyone know exactly how many credits are earned in energized matches. I have heard of several ways in which credits are earned:

1. Killing people
    2. Picking up the credits they drop after they die
    3. Taunting the dead bodies
    4. Getting first place in a match?

I think these are the only ways to get credits (I am not sure if the last one is true). But I have not seen anyone clearly and definitively define how many credits you get for each of the above items. For the life of me, I can not figure it out.

If you KNOW the answer, please respond to the post.

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    well confirmed ways to credits are:

Taunt (shake your device and you get 3 or 5 credits per taunt) as much as you can.

Pick up those green credits. (1 green credit = 1 credit)

--------------

I don't know about killing people or coming in first place. I've gotten 100+ credits just taunting a lot in games. It's really effective.

3. thespartan

Nov 2, 2009
    Are you sure each taunt gives you 3-5 credits? That seems like an awful lot. I have heard others say that each taunt gives you 1 additional credit.

4. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    It's one for each. You get a bonus at the end of the round depending on the amount of kills you get. Or something like that.

5. thespartan

Nov 2, 2009
    Someone with energy should play a couple of rounds documenting all of their kills, taunts, and credit pickups to try and figure out exactly how many credits you get for each.

It seems like knowing exactly how many you get for each would be very helpful for strategic purposes.

Just an idea.

6. DAV!DiOT

DAV!DiOT Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2008
    another thing about taunts. the vaporizer and rocket launcher dont leave a body behind when you use them to kill someone. so in the long run, the vape and rl will get you less credits as you wont get as much taunting in

7. thespartan

Nov 2, 2009
    True, but neither will sniper kills, as you are unlikely to ever pick up the credits and you won't be taunting any dead bodies, if you take someone out from a distance.

I guess that favors close combat.

8. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Why don't you do it :p

I can't get more than 81 credits in a match. Taunting is also quite hard because the maps are small and there is always someone trying to kill you.

I average about 60 credits a match though, even if I don't win which is quite good.

9. Bullroarer

Bullroarer Active Member

Nov 6, 2009
    That's something that needs to be fixed, the Sniper has -DEF, making it worse for close combat (it also lacks the +SPD that balances the Infiltrator), so the Sniper is useless for now until something is changed.

10. Bullroarer

Bullroarer Active Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Unless I'm seriously missing something, this should not be posted here.

11. aleksa-94

aleksa-94 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    You seem to have gotten lost:p