What kind of fighting game would you like to see on the app store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Keyeszx, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Keyeszx

Keyeszx Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I've been playing quite a bit of fighters recently and made me think, they should have a good quality fighter for ipad with icade or something. But since that is so wishful thinking I rather see what style of fighter everyone would want to see.

Mortal Kombat
    Street Fighter
    Tekken
    Marvel vs Capcom
    Blazblue
    Soul Calibur
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai
    Super Smash Bros

Personally I would like to see Marvel vs Capcom or Mortal Kombat. Street Fighter is silly to be on there some might think but it's there because it's not for ipad.

2. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Mortal Kombat is on the app store, by EA. Mind you, not as good as SF IV Volt (which is amazing), but it IS MK on iOS (for ipad too i believe, not icade though).

3. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Definitely SF. Would also like to see the marvel vs capcom, bloody roar series, pocket fighters and KoF.

4. robertgarcia

robertgarcia Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #4 robertgarcia, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    Mortal Kombat already in AppStore
    Street Fighter idem
    Tekken not yet
    Marvel vs Capcom not yet
    Blazblue
    Soul Calibur in 2012
    Dragon Ball Z Budok
    Super Smash Bros

The ones i underlined are already in the appstore

Mainly we are missing 3D fighting games like: Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Dead or Alive

And: SNK games (other than KOF) Art of fighting, Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown

Crossover fighters: Like Street fighter vs tekken for example

5. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I would like to see Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Tekken 6, SSF4 and or Street Fighter X Tekken:D

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Street Fighter and Infinity Blade. Oh, and King of Fighter.:D

7. CodyDeluxe

CodyDeluxe Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    Marvel vs Capcom!

8. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    #8 klarence, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    Street fighter is great and KOF is ok. But both of them are shrinked version on IOS, which is pretty bad.
    But the most fighting game I want to see on IOS is DFO which would be never heared by most people.
    Even though I have to say street fighter IOS version is the only street fighter game I can really enjoy. Some people like me can never master how to use a analog to play fighing games.
    Back to the days with the arcade 10 years ago, I can never enjoy the KOFs.
    And I never like the way how to do a super combo. To me the point of fighting games is tactic and timing other than skilled with control pad.
    The most annoying thing of SF IOS version is the SP mode is not simple enough.
    Keyboard is the most favorable way I like, one key to do super combo is always my favorite.

9. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

iMame is a godsend for beat em ups but obviously if you ain't got it yet, you ain't getting it.

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    This is, in my opinion, the one major genre for which no one has yet solved the touch control puzzle. I have yet to see an iOS fighting game I find playable (I know many love SFV). Anyway, if it has peripheral support like iCade, or a new revolutionary control scheme that would actually make a fighting game playable on a touchscreen in the same way it's playable with a controller, then I'd love to see some Tekken.

11. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Would like to see a fighting game that actually attempts to utilize the touch screen in a practical and creative way, rather than simply shoehorn virtual controls onto the screen. Perhaps something that borrows a few ideas from Elite Beat Agents. Don't really care who does it or what franchise. But damn, make a fun fighter, not just another clumsy mess with some cheap fan service.

12. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I would like to see super smash bros, or Bloody War 3 ( it's the only real fighting game I've really ever played past 5 min)

13. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Skullgirls, definitely love combos!

14. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I would have to disagree here. I believe capcom got it right with the touch controls on sfv. I cant imagine it getting any better tbh.

There definitely needs to be more newer/original released fighter titles and NOT just ported ones from 10+ years ago.

15. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

I would like to see a beat em up akin to Mortal Kombat, where you get to disembowel TV Chefs, Reality TV stars and anyone utilising Autotune on their records.

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Killer Instinct (Gold - the N64 Version)

Sunk HUNDREDS of hours into it back in the day... Fulgor, Cinder and Glacius were so badass... =oD

17. weehomer

weehomer Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    North of Ohio
    Man that takes me back!
    Between that and the Killer Instinct arcade, I probably lost a good year of my life!
    Oh, Fulgor was by far my favorite!

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #18 syntheticvoid, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    =oD

Glad I'm not the only one who lost loads of time with KI. =oP

I've tried getting my friends who are big fighter game fans to check out any KI titles, and they either won't because they heard KI sucks, or say it sucks themselves... but I consider it one of the best fighting series ever.

I will admit that the SNES port was a little bland compared to the arcade version, but it can still hold it's own. I also had the GameBoy port... which I might not have loved if I hadn't played the arcade or SNES versions before that... but on the N64 it frick'n owned. Dunno the differences between Gold and the arcade KI2, because I wasn't lucky enough to find a KI2 machine... but god I loved it.

**edit**

found this...

Those Ultimate combos were so badass... remember spending weeks trying to get the Ultra combos to combine with the Ultimate combos...

so many memories. =oD

19. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I played killer insctint a lot on arcades, fulgor was my favorite character as well! I also sunk a ton of time on the Snes version even though it was nothing compared to the arcades.

Never got into the 64 version, mainly because Mario was eating my life on those days.

On topic I would like to se more from capcom, Darkstalkers and Samurai Shodown come to mind.

20. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I agree with the control issue, but I don't think there will EVER be a fighter with touch controls that are as good as a trusty arcade stick. SF4V is good offline, but online sometimes there are too many input drops and it gets frustrating.

That said, I would LOVE to see BlazBlue or Guilty Gear get an iOS release as impossible as it may seem. I'd be happy getting more fighters with online multiplayer though. It's somewhat disappointing that the only iOS fighting game to have it is Street Fighter 4.