$28 Dollar Shopping Spree

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iAmTheWalrus, Feb 15, 2014.

1. iAmTheWalrus

iAmTheWalrus Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Martian
    Mars
    Hey everyone. I usually never post but I want some community opinion.

Basically after a series of (un)fortunate events I have come into possession of a $28 iTunes giftcard ($27.93, really). May or may not explain based on interest.

Here are some games I'm interested in buying:

• Ridiculous Fishing
    • Hello World - Book One
    • Slayin
    • Threes
    • Stickets
    • Adventure Time Card Wars
    • Lumber Jacked (could be replaced w/ something else)
    Total - more or less $16, leaving me with around $11 leftover.

I'm interested in getting True Skate and Touchgrind Skate 2, but I only want to get one and don't know which one to choose. What do you guys think of each? Which one do you recommend more?
    Additional info: I used to skateboard a little when I was younger and in skating games I prefer larger parks/maps. Skateboard customization is also a big plus.

Apart from that, I don't know what else to get. Maybe a nice camera/photo editing app (I'm thinking ProCam or ProCam 2). Any input?

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

What are your favorite genres/kinds of games?

3. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I recommend getting Touchgrind Skate 2. It's mich better than True Skate IMO and it has pretty large maps. If you get any iPhoneography app, get Camera+. It is what you would get if Photoshop and Procam 2 had a baby. :D

4. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    my game the light box obviously!

Also I really love rymdkapsel and also dungeon raid.

5. iAmTheWalrus

iAmTheWalrus Active Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Martian
    Mars
    My favorite are rpgs and jrpgs but over the years I've learned that for whatever reason I just can't get through mobile rpgs anymore. I guess mainly because I don't have as much time to play them, and they're usually long and time-consuming.
    Recently I've found myself enjoying mobile games like Dungeon Highway, Tower of Fortune 2, Bike Baron, Jet Car Stunts 2, and Space Qube.
    Now that I think about it, I also like space-y/space exploration-y games. Space as in the final frontier.

Thanks for the input on the game and app; TS2 it is. I'll check out all the other games too.

Thanks guys.

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Shooters
    - Starborn Anarkist

Arcade action/precision
    - Ninjin
    - Toast Time
    - if you like twitchy reflex games too, I have tons of recommendations

Space
    - SimpleRockets

Puzzles/Strategic
    - Hoplite
    - Trainyard

7. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #7 Snozberry, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    If you grew up with old skool pixel art sega/snes games, I'd highly recommend:

Super splatform
    Beans quest
    Kid tripp

I recently completed all 3 at 100% and I'm just absolutely smitten by them all.
    Best authentic platformer experience on iOS.

I have lumber jacked but it never really hooked me like the other games did.
    I asks have ridiculous fishing, and again, couldn't get into it.
    I strongly suggest you play "ninja fishing- free" before buying ridiculous fishing because they're basically the same game, with only different graphics/art.

If you like fast reflex games you need-
    Super hexagon
    Platforms unlimited
    Kid tripp

I've been buying iOS games since 2008, that's 7 years under my belt.. As the years have gone on I've become incredibly stingy with my iOS game allocated money.. (I've spent thousands on throw away software that I could have gotten for free with jailbreak, I've spent more on games than devices...)
    My advice for you would be to start checking sales, and make wishlists so you are alerted when a game from your Wishlist goes on sale.
    I do that, and I also will only usually spend 99c per game, if it's higher, I'll usually wits until a sale, unless I absolutely need the game, or the developer in question never does sales, apparently the dev for Touch grind never does sales, so I guess in this instance it'd be okay to spend that much on a game, if you really badly want it.

For me, I'd rather 5 x 99c games, whilst waiting for the $5 game to go on sale, rather than the other way around, but that's just me.

As for a good photo app, man, so many of those go free for a day, I've got pages upon pages of photo editing apps, the only one I really bother to use is called "facetune" in which I paid full price for.

Sometimes I also use snapseed (free) procreate (I got for free, but it's now premium priced around $5) and superimpose(99c)

8. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Castle of illusion is great platform game too on $4.99 sale for the VD

9. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Dead Space?

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Heroes & Castles

Meltdown

11. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Heroes and Castles - pretty much the best overall game available for iOS :)
    Also might want want to give Knightmare Tower a try - fast and furious arcade action