iPhone 4 programming

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by MHMZS, Jul 27, 2011.

1. MHMZS

MHMZS New Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Hello people,
    I am a new user here.

I am interesting in iPhone programming ,

I bought iMac , iPone 4 and a book which called "Beginning
    iPhone 4 Development"

also, I watched some videos and projects. I have a background in C#

who can guide me ? I am really need someone to help me.

thanks,

2. Aztlan.Games

Aztlan.Games Well-Known Member

Hi there,

this is great! I am sure that you will have a lot of fun!

You need two things: 1. an idea for a small project to get started, and 2. while implementing that small project learn to do the programming.

While I cannot help you with 1. I can give you a pointer for 2. This could be very useful:
    http://www.71squared.com/iphone-tutorials/

This contains everything you need for a game, assuming that you are into games :D

3. LyboTech

LyboTech Member

Jul 28, 2011
    When I first started learning Xcode programming I bought a book on Amazon which was very useful for basics - and understanding tools, expressions etc. But really, I found it more interesting and I learned a lot more.

Basically what I am trying to say : Watch Youtube videos, and other videos anywhere, tutorials, tips & tricks etc. It helps alot :)

Good luck with you programming :D
    Best Regards,
    Andreas

4. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    http://www.71squared.com is great, and I would recommend their book also.
    I especially like how the game engine they use completely separates the update / render routines, which had helped make things a lot clearer in my head.
    Cocos2d and UIKit are great for doing common things quickly, but when I was first learning, each one of them confused me about how a game should be structured.

5. Aztlan.Games

Aztlan.Games Well-Known Member

I remember that Apple's developer resources were also very helpful. I did not consume all of them and just used them firstly to get started and grasp the whole idea behind iOS programming and later for the sporadical look up.