Need SIMPLE TaichiPanda type MMO

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Spiral75, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

So i have tried it seems 100's of action / rpg / mmo's. I love Taichi Panda but I just cant seem to understand it since there are SO many crazy items and things to figure out. Order and Chaos is okay but its such a cash cow. I dont mind spending some cash in one but im looking for one thats a bit more casual and a bit less complicated. Something woth nice graphics. Also ive tried the games from GLU and Netmarble. Im hoping someone can suggest something really great!

2. digitalphil

digitalphil Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    I really enjoyed GLU's Eternity Warriors 3.
    After I finished EW3 I tried Taichi Panda, Gamevil's Darkness Reborn and Dark Avenger.
    Iron Knights. Soul Seeker was ok. Spirit Lords is a game i want to go back and try.
    Kings Road is also a great game.

3. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #3 Montanx, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Rune story, no doubt about it. Best Social arpg I can recommend. It's got actual multiplayer too, a rare thing in these games. You will rush back to this thread to thank me.

4. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #4 Nekku, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Rune Story is actually quite good BUT becomes a real grind fest later on. I maxed out Douglas and his sword in the recent Brave the Lion event and man, I'm not sure if I will do something like that again. You basically had to grind the last nightmare difficult level hundreds of times to get all the materials needed which becomes very tedious at some point. Well, you are still not forced into doing something like this, except if you want to collect as much as possible. The 4* starter you'll get for free also makes a huge difference on how fast you'll be able to progress. I got very lucky and rolled Kitty Leah as well as her weapon. Her special pretty much one shots every boss monster up to expert difficulty or even beyond that. With a full SP bar, you can do her special three times in a row. She's very tanky as well. I've seen multiple requests from other people who wherent able to clear harder stuff with their 4*'s.
    It's still a pretty good game and the lack of an energy bar makes it even better. It definitely takes skill so it wont end as just another mindless button masher. You'll have to study every enemies move-set and dodge, block and attack at the right time which is alot of fun once you're able to kill stuff more easily without being hit. Compared to the JP version it's far behind and different in some ways though. However, that's the one I would recommend you, too. It's not overloaded with icons and buttons all over the place as well as easy to understand. 2P & 4P coop is a huge deal, too.

I tried Eternity warrior once and played it for a while but decided to drop it because once you have aquired your top notch gear, the next Eternity Warrior game is already released which also means you'll have to start over. (I guess?). If true, that's really bad money grabbing shit imo.

There is a shitload of social rpgs like TP on the AppStore. Cant really recommend any of them though.

5. Spiral75

Hmm im not sure I have the correct rune story. Is this the game that only plays in portrait?

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's the one.

7. Spiral75

Cool gonna dig into it a bit. Just got past the forst tutorial part. This is exactly the type of thing I was talking about so far :)

8. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Of course it is, I got your back bro.