Universal Cat Quest (by The Gentlebros Pte. Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Because you told that to me on Facebook:)

2. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Because he is clearly a time traveller from the future, who knows what other mind blowing secrets he holds? #

3. The Gentlebros

The Gentlebros Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    I hope he hasn't seen our plans for the Lupus Empire... ;P

4. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I’d like to see lupus empire as it’s own game Dog Quest .. or K9 Quest .. K9 Kwest.. lol but the hero being an ex soldier, no one special. No like special lineage just like the average joe dog that stumbles in to something extraordinary. That eventually connects to cat quest.

5. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Nope, I haven't seen that. You only told me about Russian translation. But it's great news to hear.

6. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    Yup! We were just having a little fun about the Lupus Empire thing. ;)

We definitely have plans for the dogs in future content, or even future games! :)

7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Really wish there was a way to get that dodge roll on the iOS version. Was playing the PS4 demo and it makes such a huge difference. I’ve been struggling to get past the ice boss even being level 31 in the iOS game, well above the level requirement.

Bet it would be easier with the dodge roll. Probably eventually pick up the console version when I can afford it.

8. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    It's a give an take.
    On mobile we allow players to cancel their attack any time to run away. But on console, we force the player to complete the strike...but in return, we give them the dodge roll.

However, adding in a roll to the mobile version is on our to-do list. We hope to get it in as an option in the Settings soon!

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Cool. Glad to hear it’s coming!

10. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Cool game. Any news on when the new update will be coming out

11. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    We've already submitted the update, but we're still waiting on Apple. :(

Hopefully, it gets released late November or early December.

12. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Dunno why it’s taking them so long to approve an update with new game plus. It’s not like there’s a bunch of new lands quests and enemies they have to go through for violations.

13. The Gentlebros

May 22, 2015
    Game developers
    Singapore
    We think its a mix of Thanksgiving and a higher influx of games this season. We're also trying to work out a suitable release date with them too. Tentatively, its 30th November. :)

14. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Update is here!!!!

What to try first???

15. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    #495 Brightsiderus, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    Didn't like Russian translation. Maybe because our language is not suitable for mew-nyan kind of things and names of places looks creepy instead of cool.
    English translation is the best, because there is a wordplay like cat+capital=catpital. In Russian there is wordplay no more:(

16. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Question for devs. Will switch version be receiving updates like this or is the switch version more a 'as is' standalone?

17. doomowl

doomowl Active Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Important question for developers , do u guys promise won't make an discount of this games at future? Because I plan to buy this on iOS and switch, if u guys can't promise then I wil
    Skip the iOS version

18. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #498 Solarclipse, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    People like what they like and do what hey do, but I just ask you if you would ask this same question for other kinds of purchases?

I have seen members in the forums acting with a kind of entitlement towards developers—particularly indie developers—with the result that devs, understandably, spend less and less time visiting the forums. It’s something to be mindful of if we want devs to stay around, because there are many perks to having devs involved in the forums.

But if you put yourself in their shoes and it seems fine, all good.

Onto the game: I just started mew game with harder enemies. Lol I died like 10 times on that quest to use magic. Is the reward upon completion of the game or found?

19. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Future dlc??

Hey, Dev! Have you decided if you're going to create future dlc for the main campaign (quest, characters, weapons, maps) or have decided to move on to something different after this, maybe a spin-off?? I'm just asking because I really like this game and the universe you have created. I want to continue playing in it and look foward to watching it grow and evolve. If not in this one the next one.

20. doomowl

doomowl Active Member

Mar 18, 2014

Of course, I always ask the developer is they promise for won't change to become cheaper price, I'm 100% support the premium games, not some free to play, but I would like to see the developer guarantee their price too