Universal Arcane Quest 3 - Rise of the fallen - Tabletop RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lordnedox, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordnedox

lordnedox Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Hello everyone, I'm here to present the last chapter of the Arcane Quest saga!

After almost 2 years since the release of Arcane Quest 2, this new release introduces many news while maintaining the classic feeling of the game.

For the many who don't know this series, it's a classic RPG with board game rules, such as dice rolls, turn-based combats and so on.
    It was initially inspired by the great game of Hero Quest, but then evolved in every aspect.

The biggest news introduced by this new chapter:

- A brand new story line, that will guide you through the secrets and dangers of the Realm of Auria
    - Real time Multiplayer quests to be completed by 2 players in co-op mode
    - Possibility to create, share and play your own adventures, by using the supplied level editor
    - Brand new leveling system, customizable hero's stats, many new abilities and hundreds of equipment

The game will be available on all platforms, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone and Windows Desktop.

Beta test has been concluded and the release is scheduled for the beginning of July 2016.

GAME TRAILER

SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hear ye, hear ye!
    Good news, nice to see the beta was successful and that you'll release soon.
    Too bad I missed the beta, I really appreciated that you sent me an invite. Guess my reply got lost in general business on your side ;)

3. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Good to see you again :)
    Yes due to technical problems and delays, beta was focused on the Android platform where my user base is much bigger. But private tests have been carried out on iOS and Windows, so I'm pretty sure on the quality of the final product.

Just waiting to finalize the French and German translations, then the game should be ready for release :)

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #4 Nullzone, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    No worries, I'm sure I'll find something to complain about ;)
    Unless the translations are only a week or so away, how about releasing already with English only? And add the translations in an update?
    The downside I imagine to be that you'll get a few less downloads because Germans (most gamers there understand English, but by far not all) and French (language arrogance ;) ) might not like it without native language.

Ah well, guess we can survive the wait till July, it's not that far off.

For anyone new to the series:
    I played two so far. Despite some balance issues they were really fun and I liked both. Nice take on the tactical RPG genre. Fantasy setting, just in case it's not obvious ;)

Oh yes, just found the first one to nag about :p : "hundreds of equipments". I really hope you got this one right. "Equipment overload" is always just around the corner. And games like Demons' Rise and especially those from Winterwolves (e.g. Season of the Wolf) are worse off with the absurd amount of items they offer, which was quite a negative in my book especially in Winterwolves' otherwise excellent games.
    I really liked the rather limited but straightforward equipment choices your earlier games had.

To close on a positive note:
    The UI (something I really care about) in the screenshots looks very good and clean, nice job there.

5. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Thanks, I'm quite sure the overall balance has improved, however there are new variables (customizable heroes stats) that may require some attention.

Equipments are not actually a lot more that AQ2, which was already rich with about 140 options. I think here we're in the 180-200 range. Basically some new weapons/armors, and new hero-specific weapons (like the blades for the thief).
    It's a lot easier now to find the right equipment, with compare options and filters in the marketplace.
    Also the damage/defense values no longer need to be calculated by the dice, but are shown clearly in the equipment details.

Variety of enemies and environments has increased, with new outdoor areas, unique bosses etc.

Finally, translations should be ready within 2 days, so I expect to launch very soon :)

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I never realised AQ2 had over 100 equipment pieces, didn't feel like it at all - in a good way, mind you.
    180-200 sounds very manageable, and a compare option is excellent. Looking forward to playing, fingers crossed for the translations.

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Just saw your Testflight invitation; thanks a lot, really appreciate that!
    Downloading as I write ;)
    I am not on holiday, so most likely it'll be evening till I can really dive into things.

8. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Yes please consider that's not the latest version, it's about 1 month and a half old. But should give an idea of what to expect :)

9. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    i like this game !i like the different characters and i can't wait to be in july to try this game

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    First impression is really good ;)
    Great graphics, and gameplay is pretty smooth.
    I made quite a few notes and screenshots, but won't have time to post them today.

One thing I can mention right away is that some areas (near walls, and mostly without a lightsource nearby) are incredibly dark and make it *very* hard to see anything like my heroes or a potential exit to a new part of the dungeon level.
    And turning up the iPad brightness is not really an option. One, it drains battery even more. Two - which is more important - it hurts my eyes and makes me tired/exhausted faster (yeah, I'm getting old :p) .
    The areas with torches and other stuff to provide lighting are good, no problem there.

11. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Hi, thanks for the feedback! Will wait to see your notes then, hopefully some things have already been fixed in the latest build.

I will give a review to the lighting, do you remember which area was that? The dungeon, the cave or?

Cheers :)

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    First and second dungeon. Forgot to make screenshots of the "best" spots,~ will do those later today or tomorrow.
    Where I really noticed it was whenever I tried to figure out if some dark part of the wall is just a shadow or the exit to the next room.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Geez, just noticed it's been a week already.
    Had a really busy weekend and very busy days at work :( fingers crossed I can squeeze a feedback post in tomorrow.

14. JahPE

JahPE Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2016
  15. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Testflight invite sent! However, this is already the final version as the publishing is scheduled for July 1st!
    So, get ready!

[​IMG]