Universal Dangerous (a.k.a Null Space)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by violentv, Dec 20, 2011.

1. I mean 4, sorry, but thats a nice suggestion: I'll try the lite first :_D

2. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    :eek: Can't wait. Seriously.

3. #423 Youtopia, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    Waiting for the update & HD ver :)))

Release date?

4. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Remember to give hd version an option to play at 1024 resolution in case it lags on retina on new iPad.

5. bashesh

bashesh Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    No hd version yet? Any updates?

6. Apple must be taking like forever... in the time of this update, Dead Trigger has been updated twice O_________O

7. bashesh

bashesh Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Wow, its really been a long time since the promised timeframe for the hd version release. I want to buy the game but dont want to miss out on the hd version plus the price went up since my last post. Does anybody have any idea when the hd version is actually coming out and what the price point for it will be? Kinda tired of waiting without any info at this point.

8. binaryhelix

binaryhelix Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    #428 binaryhelix, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    Hi, I made a post on upcoming games: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2384469

We set the release date for Dangerous HD (and the update to regular Dangerous) to be next Thursday. It's going to offered at a launch sale price of $7.99, and will probably go to its "normal" price of $9.99 after a few weeks.

We're trying to get some press to help game sales. There's a new trailer on that thread which shows off the new graphics. Check it out!

9. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Will the HD version be playable on the 4S?

10. binaryhelix

Oct 15, 2011
    Yup, works great on the 4S.

11. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Update is out

The update is available since yesterday. Did not have time to test it, though.

12. exxDUDExx

exxDUDExx New Member

Oct 29, 2012
    How do I load ammo??????????? I bought 7 turrets for my destroyer and every single ammo type from market place. Now I go to hangar, ammo and nothing is there?!?!?!?

Please help!!!

13. Cromwell

Cromwell Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Selfemployed PC Service technican
    Cologne, Germany
    #433 Cromwell, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    @Devs Could you add the possibility to adjust the brightness of the background or make it darker? Sometimes it is too bright in my opinion.
    I know that there is an option to change it to black, but then there are no nebulae.
    And maybe add this function for objects too, because they are too bright, too.

14. binaryhelix

Oct 15, 2011
    The ammo should be in the hangar in the "storage" screen. From there, you can move items from storage to the cargo like the ammo.

On our To Do list is a way to make text easier to read even when a bright background is behind it. Feel free to send us a screenshot with a description of the problem to: [email protected]

15. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Anyone catch that Elite: Dangerous was just announced on kickstarter (due in 2014 it seems). Interesting that they chose the same name (at least the Dangerous part).

16. Cromwell

Cromwell Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Selfemployed PC Service technican
    Cologne, Germany
    :)
    It is not because of the text, it is because I prefer a darker lightning of space like in EVE or X. Looks more "real" for me and gives me a better immersion.

17. xStatiCa

Aug 4, 2009
    I agree with you on all your points. I think it would look better overall. The next 2 people will probably disagree though :).

18. binaryhelix

Oct 15, 2011
    It's unfortunate that they chose that name because it will confuse gamers. I've reached out to Braben to see if we can come to an amicable agreement.

This would require either redoing and adding more textures (which adds space) or dynamic coloration (which might be CPU intensive). Since we already offer the colorful vs black space option, I'm afraid it's not something we are planning on adding.

19. xStatiCa

Aug 4, 2009
    Thanks for the technical explenation. It just would have been nice. The game rocks regardless :).

20. MrPras

MrPras New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    #440 MrPras, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    I just have a few feedbacks for you guys at BH since I purchased Dangerous on iOS.

I saw a few comments here, such as "can you make the background dimmer or less OTT" that's just a case of adding a few texture maps, so creating a mode which is somewhere between totally black and totally bright isn't such a big deal. Would it really be so much bigger? or if you did it dynamically would it take our device more than a few hundred milliseconds to adjust the texturemap upon loading?

I also saw a comment about David Braben RE: Elite Dangerous. You're suggesting that he should change the name or something - but look at your Steam offering!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92958528
    It's actually very strange that this game is by the creator : ELITE <-- who's copying who?

I imagine Braben wouldn't call it Elite Dangerous unless he liked the name and then if he saw you guys with your game using the name Elite also, then I can't imagine him being happy about that. He did invent the genre, so I personally think if he wants to use that name he's totally within his rights and definitely wouldn't see Dangerous as competition to his own offerings (no need to worry there).

Anyway, back to Dangerous - it's totally unplayable on anything less than a 4S - I think you should let 3GS users know that there's just no way they can play it due to performance constraints - this is not stated on iTunes and that's really unfair I think. 2-5 fps is not playable.

There are no descriptions for the commodities, the modules aren't very well explained and the instructions fall short. Perhaps you could optimise your engine or reduce the AI checks or whatever it is that makes the game jerky even on a 4S - easier said than done, but basically the game feels totally unfinished and is fairly buggy.

Please review the control system/gui. It's totally awful. How come GOF2 does it so clean? I realise dangerous is more complex but just a bit of extra thought and more of the module-wheel menu approach should fix it. I realise that it's a big project but at least you should give some descriptions to the commodities and write a better guide - or hire someone to do that for you!!

Please forgive the attitude, it was mainly caused by the relationship to Braben, I thought that was quite dumb and since you are the one using his name on Steam I think if anyone is gonna change the name of the game it should be you. Maybe rename it Dangerous Space or something.